M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I am that dumb... and before we get into it I understand that it simply plugs into place: I can manage that part on my own. But where do I plug in the other wires? The fuse end and the screw-on-tv-cable-attachment-looking-thingy? Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Install

I am assuming you have the ATRE with the Gear Position Display. If that is correct here we go.

There are two places that the unit will plug in, but only one of them is correct. Remove the right side cover (right side, when you are sitting on the bike) and near the frame, you will find the connector that the unit plugs into. Unplug the current connector and install the ATRE plugs into these connectors, (now two cause you unplugged the original and you now have a male and female)
The connector behind the Left cover is for the Gear Position Sensor. The unit will also plug into the exact same connectors on the left side of the bike but won't work. The left side connectors are for the Speedometer Sending Unit.

The red wire with the fuse in it (2amp) should go down to another fuse at the end of the wire with a copper tap on it. Open your fuse box on the bike (under the seat in front of the tool pouch) and remove your signal fuse (15amp). Insert the new 15amp fuse with the tap on it into that slot. Bend the red wire down so you can close the fuse block cover.

I assume that the Screw on Television thingy that you are referring to is the momentary pushbutton switch (has a Red Cap) that you can use to change settings on the unit. I ran mine up to the front of the bike and ty-wrapped it to the wire coming out of the Gear Position Display so that I have easy access to it.

And of course, the RJ45 connector (the wide plastic click in connector like you use for a LAN or Internet on your home computer, plugs in to the black Controller.

Hope that helps. If not let me know.

Steve

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Mine has a 10AMP fuse to attach to the bike. The turn signal is 15AMP. Guess I will go a different way as the AMP's are different on the fuses.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fuses

You don't have too. The Tap on the provided fuse comes off. Just remove the black rubber retainer, pull the tap off the bottom of the fuse and put it back on your fuse. It is harder to push the fuse back in, but it does fit and there are no issues with doing that.

That is what I did to mine. I believe that he has started shipping the new ones with a 15amp instead of the 10.

Thanks,

:D

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
What's up w/ the lil red push button?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Bernie, that's what you use to change the settings on it. The GiPro has a switch on the bottom of the unit to do it.
OK gotcha. Thanks Mike:bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts