M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dunno If this is helpful or not but I saw lots of info on placement of the gear indicater display and programmer button but none on the "brain box"
I just installed mine today and thought I'd post up picts...since its quite wet out I only could go down my street with moderate throttle but it felt better...won't know for sure till I ride it but overall I'm very happy...
(ordering metzler tires, stock ones still amaze me how crappy they are in the wet)
Oh yea, The only programming I did was invert the gear indicator read out, when the cable is orientated out the top the unit is upside down....also when in neutral I made the display "swirl" so to speak as I thought it was more eye catching than a solid 0 or N......well, thats my story....Thanks darrin all the rumours about you are true...(great service):bigthumbsup:
So as you can see everything is behind the right side cover, cable run from the display was run through the wiring harness and lead back under the rightside of the tank above the heatshield...worked out quite well, never took the tank off but just unbolted....hope this is helpful to others....

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Mine is in the same spot on the tree.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Did you guys have instructions for the programing button? Mine did not Did yoou just start pressing the button ?
Mine did but there are instructions on his web site for the programing

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i had problems programming mine i had two letters that were the same which had me confused for days but i finally figured it out. they got rid of the reset button which i think they should put back

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Thanks guys, I bought 1 with indicator and one with out for a christmas gift to my buddy and there were no instructions in the box. I do have the red button though! Ill check out thoes links. Thanks again.

Dave

·
Registered
102 Posts
Brian - placement looks perfect. I hope you enjoy the unit!

As for the instructions, we don't include them in the box, but we do have instructions online. We wanted a way to keep the most current installation information available and that's why we do that. Plus, we are able to update photos, like Brian's, to help new customers get an idea of where to put the unit. Plus, the paperwork that comes with each unit gives our website address and we recently added on our home page a large graphic with "Click HERE for Installation Instructions". We're hoping that will help.

We did get rid of the "reset" option a while back to make room for some additional programming. These chips have very little programming space. However, with a little more magic (code removal), we were able to add the "reset" back in (around November). If you don't have the "reset" option and have issues returning it to a proper state, just call me and I should be able to walk you through it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks darrin.. I don't know where to put the readout but that was outa the way...you ought to design and build pipes, intakes as well PC programmable ECU systems...I'd buy all of it from you... ;)
the bike seems to run smooth, doesn't slap when your gettin lazy with the clutch .. although that never bother'd me...it just seems to run right, as in past it always seemed to feel like it wasn't right... so I'm sure all the other claims are true... out on the open road it will run like a raped ape...:welcome: funny, I race supermoto's and wanted a street cruiser to relax on...:pray::a20: but these big suzuki's actaully are kinda fast..saying that, I've decided to spend some more time and money on the motor and really see what this thing can do... I know my buddy with his new muscle wished he had bought one...:congrats:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts