M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this sitting for awhile and decided to install yesterday. Wow what a difference with the jerky down shifting and smooth up shifting. Thanks to the fellow members who gave me the idea of installing into the Suzuki "S". Darrin (TDE) is a valuable resource and a great member. This is the best mod by far for our bike. This will make the ride to Vegas that much better.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The gear indicator was awesome for the Vegas trip. No more down shifting or up shifting to the wrong gears. When down shifting no more jerky surprises. The RPM's have been maxed without a problem so I believe Darrin (TDE) got this fixed. For the money this should be the number 1 aftermarket part. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
The RPM's have been maxed without a problem so I believe Darrin (TDE) got this fixed. For the money this should be the number 1 aftermarket part. :bigthumbsup:
I think it looks great! That HD airfilter trim probably cost more than the GPD... ha!

Yeah, we needed to emulate 4th Gear on the M109 instead of 5th gear like the GSXR models.

The only issue I foresee with having it flat like that is when the sun is directly above you, it might make the display difficult to see in full sunlight. It's like taking a flashlight outside... not gonna be very bright. We offset the sun glare as much as possible by using a very dark tinted lens.

darrin
TrackDayElectronics.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
:bigthumbsup:
I've had this sitting for awhile and decided to install yesterday. Wow what a difference with the jerky down shifting and smooth up shifting. Thanks to the fellow members who gave me the idea of installing into the Suzuki "S". Darrin (TDE) is a valuable resource and a great member. This is the best mod by far for our bike. This will make the ride to Vegas that much better.
:agree:
I concur ... lol ... I ordered the same unit from Darrin, which he shipped to New Zealand, and it arrived in just a few days - super fast. I fit it today - was so damn easy - and cant believe the difference it has made at slow speeds. I was thinking it has slightly changed the shifting but figured thats just me imagining it, so interesting to hear you say the same thing - shifts seem a little smoother now.

Also its great for a dumb-ass like me not to go searching for 6th anymore on highway riding. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts