M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently dealt with Darrin with Trackside Day Electronics, I have to say he was a pleasure doing business with , excellant customer service. not to mention great prices.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::a18:

I ordered the TDE GE4 Gear Emulator, and installed it yesturday {8/25/10} I am not sure how my gas mileage will go, up down or stay the same, however I do have to say that the low speed lower gear "herky jerkes" are gone.

I have to thank Darrin for the great service and product. Ill update with mileage results soon
:a18:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad to hear you rec'd it and got it installed!

How difficult was the install? I've heard the most difficult part is removing the gas tank. Do the M109s have a hinged tank?

darrin

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Glad to hear you rec'd it and got it installed!

How difficult was the install? I've heard the most difficult part is removing the gas tank. Do the M109s have a hinged tank?

darrin
You can have the tank off in about 5 minutes. Very simple.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you want just prop the tank up by sliding a couple pieces of wood underit just to prop it quickly and run the line and drop it back down. To do this. Just unscrew the bolt under the seat and slide the tank forward and pull up a little bit and then hold it so then someone can slide something under it to prop it up.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually, extremely easy. i didn't even remove or loosen the tank. took off the side panelso the right side and just gave a little tug. i had just enough room the unplug and plug it in. tucked it back in and was good to go.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my tre with indicator came in yesturday did a quick hook up and looks awsome. Darren is a good guy and would recommed useing him for the tre.

·
Registered
56 Posts
help with tre install

Hey Guys, I am trying to install my track day tre, the instructions say to look for white connector with blue pink and black. I see a black connector inside the left side panel leading toward the tranny, is this the right connector. Thanks Vinny:dontknow:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Guys, I am trying to install my track day tre, the instructions say to look for white connector with blue pink and black. I see a black connector inside the left side panel leading toward the tranny, is this the right connector. Thanks Vinny:dontknow:
Your wires should match the colors on the wires of the GPD (Black, Blue, Pink):

·
Registered
56 Posts
tre

Thanks Darrin, I was looking on the wrong side of the bike, got it straightened out. Cant wait to try it out tomorrow. Vin

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
my tre with indicator came in yesturday did a quick hook up and looks awsome. Darren is a good guy and would recommed useing him for the tre.
What side of the bike is the connector on? Anyone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts