M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going on the Toy Run - Sunday 3 Dec ???? It's a real crawl of a ride, but fun!!!

A group of VTX riders will be meeting that we can join in with. I don't know if I'll be taking Suzi or the Tiger.... it depends on if my wife rides with me or not. Suzi's not set-up for 2-up.

G

·
Registered
67 Posts
G said:
Anyone going on the Toy Run - Sunday 3 Dec ???? It's a real crawl of a ride, but fun!!!Â

A group of VTX riders will be meeting that we can join in with. I don't know if I'll be taking Suzi or the Tiger.... it depends on if my wife rides with me or not. Suzi's not set-up for 2-up.

Unless I'm out of town or something I should be there. I think the info is posted on the MILE-HIGH Harley-Davidson website. I looked it up a couple months ago. Don't remember where it starts but believe it ends at "Childrens Hospital" in Denver.

It only takes a few minutes to set Suzi up for the extra ride!!

See ya then..
Ride Safe!

·
Registered
67 Posts
This skip copied from the "Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson" website
http://www.rmh-d.com/toy-run/

The 21st Annual Toy Run to The Children's Hospital will be held Sunday, December 3, 2006 at 10:00 AM with registration beginning at 8:30 AM. Please do not show up before 8:30 AM.
Like last year, the event will not be staged at Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson. Instead, the Toy Run to Children's Hospital will be staged at the Aspen Grove Shopping Center at 7301 South Santa Fe Drive in Littleton. This change has been made to accommodate the ever-growing number of people who wish to participate in this special event (in fact, the Toy Run has grown from approximately 500 people in 1999 to over 10,000 people in 2003 … more than a 2,000% increase in only five years!).

People who would like to participate in the ride to The Children's Hospital are asked to enter the Aspen Grove Shopping Center via its south entrance on Mineral Avenue rather than via its east entrance on Sante Fe Drive. This will allow road captains to properly stage all participants before the ride is scheduled to start.

Because so many sick and injured children look forward to this event, this ride will take place regardless of the weather. If it's too cold, snowy, or slick to ride your motorcycle, get in your car and come anyway!
How do I register to go on the Toy Run?

Registration for the Toy Run will take place at Aspen Grove on the day of the event (between 8:30 am and 10:00 am). There will be no preregistration this year.
How much does it cost to go on the Toy Run?

The only cost to participate in the 21st Annual Toy Run to The Children's Hospital is a new, unwrapped toy. To get an idea of what the kids at The Children's Hospital need, download their wish list (requires Adobe Acrobat).
http://www.rmh-d.com/pdf/docs/2006-wish-list.pdf

21st Anniversary Toy Run pins will be available for sale at Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson prior to the event and at Aspen Grove Shopping Center on the day of the event.

Cost for the pin is $5 or a donation to The Children's Hospital. All proceeds will benefit The Children's Hospital, so if you feel like donating more than $5 please do so! Correct change is appreciated, but not mandatory.

We hope to see you at the Toy Run! If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call us at (303) 703-2885.

Ride Safe and see you guys there!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colorado_Ed said:
Unless I'm out of town or something I should be there. I think the info is posted on the MILE-HIGH Harley-Davidson website. I looked it up a couple months ago. Don't remember where it starts but believe it ends at "Childrens Hospital" in Denver.

It only takes a few minutes to set Suzi up for the extra ride!!

See ya then..
Ride Safe!
We're meeting at the Mickie D's, just south of Bowles on Santa Fe at 7:15 for a Mc-whatever before heading over to Aspen Grove... if you'd like to join us! Did you get the Wing???? :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
G said:
We're meeting at the Mickie D's, just south of Bowles on Santa Fe at 7:15 for a Mc-whatever before heading over to Aspen Grove... if you'd like to join us! Did you get the Wing???? :D
Sounds good to me.. Bit early for a non-work day... haha..
Yep.. I'm a winger now.. (4 days)
Took a ride down around Castle Rock yesterday evening... Temp took a drop from 47 to 37 on the ride... Whew.. that was
a bit cold for the clothes I was wearing.. Next up..New thicker gloves & leave the shoes.. swap to boots!
My wife is now in Wing-Heaven.. Heated back-rest & seat... We've even taken one of the pups for a ride
on this thing!
Can't even hear it running inside the house while warming up outside..
I've been asked how it compares to the "M"..
It doesn't.. They are two birds very different..
I was told the wings were pretty fast... I said.. NOPE.. Not if you've been on an "M"
The wing is around a match for my brothers 96 Dyna Wideglide.. Nothing remotley close to the "M"

·
Registered
67 Posts
G said:
Anyone going on the Toy Run - Sunday 3 Dec ???? It's a real crawl of a ride, but fun!!!

A group of VTX riders will be meeting that we can join in with. I don't know if I'll be taking Suzi or the Tiger.... it depends on if my wife rides with me or not. Suzi's not set-up for 2-up.

G
It's not looking good for the run... I'm working nights now and looks to go into the weekend :dontknow:
Already picked the toys but if I've worked all night the chances are slim that I'll be going.
If I see I can't I'll just drop the toys at Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson ... in their drop box for the run..

Hope I get to go anyway... but burr... It's gonna be cold...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Colorado_Ed said:
It's not looking good for the run... I'm working nights now and looks to go into the weekend :dontknow:
Already picked the toys but if I've worked all night the chances are slim that I'll be going.
If I see I can't I'll just drop the toys at Rocky Mountain Harley-Davidson ... in their drop box for the run..

Hope I get to go anyway... but burr... It's gonna be cold...
You're right!!!! It's going to be cold!!!! Starting off the day at 16 degrees on a bike does not seem like the thing to do... but if it's dry out, I'll be there!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts