M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can tow the M109 like in this picture. This would be an awesome backup if ever needed. It also said that it's good for long distance trips. The website says to ensure that the engine does not need to be running to lube the gears (located at the bottom of main page). This was made for Harleys, but I guess Hondas can also be towed this way. Here's the website to see it beeter.

http://hoghauler.net/

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
657 Posts
Why put extra wear and tear on the bike? Plus if ur gonna waste the tire at least have fun doin it

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You guys are too subtle, tell him how you really feel. I tell you what though if I could do that and keep the rear tire off the ground with a dolly system I would do it for back and forth to the local track.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are too subtle, tell him how you really feel. I tell you what though if I could do that and keep the rear tire off the ground with a dolly system I would do it for back and forth to the local track.
If it only had a chain/belt drive. Disconnect and go. I guess the next best thing for a emergency tow is the "trailer in a bag" http://trailerinabag.com/index.html

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I looked at those. My wife says I would never come home from the track at 10 pm and break down the trailer and put the bike away. And where I live I would have to do just that. And you know what she's right.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Joke, plain and simple. Oh by the way I almost forgot to say, my buddy tried that with a dirt bike and well he forgot when he backed up one day, nevertheless, the bike well.........lets say it did'nt like it to much.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If you are going that route , save your money and just throw it in the trunk.
:eek:

·
Radio Active Member
27,706 Posts
Was mostly thinking of break downs (knock on wood).
I like everyone else, would not do that to my 9. You have a couple of options.

Barrow a trailer from a local guy or spend $14.95 a day and get a U-Haul Motorcycle trailer.

Motorcycle Trailer

Lightweight and easy to tow.

$14.95
Select your vehicles above to check availability

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.