M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a system to tow my bike with my motorhome. The unit goes into the receiver hitch and raises the front tire off the ground. the rear tire is on the ground. Would the shaft have to be disconnected or would there be proper lubrication? thanks, BB.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Dont leave a wheel on the ground!
If you are talking a big motorhome you can get something where the bike is alomg the back left to right....
Dont tow the toy... tow the thing that carries the toy.
PS Covered = clean if you can afford it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Do a google search on motorcycle trailers...you'll see a ton of sellers and info on trailers. Don't attempt to leave a tire on the ground....those big motor homes bounce a bit in the back...that would leave your bike taking a beating back there.

I got to believe that even if you have the bike in nuetral...that something will be freewheeling...thus generating friction...and heat over a long distance.

GET A TRAILER ! ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
:yikes: I find it hard to believe that someone`s even thinking towing any bike that way. I wouldn`t even tow my car like that unless it is for a short distance. Like everyone else said before, do yourself a favor and just get a trailer.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
GET A TRAILER. This seems to be the overwelming general feeling. I have seen motorized ones that you pull the bike on and it raises the whole bike up. I just was at a campground last weekend and a couple had their GoldWing on a lift like this. It goes across the back and I think would be a much better choice than dragging the rear!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts