M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and gals) i,m doing some touring around europe next month, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, and i want to travel very light, dont want any side bags or to be laden down with loads of stuff, all i want to know is what type of tank bag fits the 9 the best, all i plan on taking is a small rucksack and tankbag, also any tips on not marking the tank would be good, many thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the Tour Master tank bag with magnets. It stays on nicely with the magnets but comes with a tie strap if you want to tie it on the risers. It is also expandable and has a clear top for maps or to stick a GPS in. Lots of pockets and doesn't get in the way. The stock number is 82-376 and is labeled Nylon Magnetic Tank bag. Their website is www.tourmaster.com. I shopped pretty hard on line and found $71.00 (us) to be the best price. Have a great trip, it sounds like a blast. Are you riding solo or taking some beaver?

·
Registered
93 Posts
ps....this bag won't mark the tank. Very soft velvet like material on bottom.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Tour Master tank bag with magnets. It stays on nicely with the magnets but comes with a tie strap if you want to tie it on the risers. It is also expandable and has a clear top for maps or to stick a GPS in. Lots of pockets and doesn't get in the way. The stock number is 82-376 and is labeled Nylon Magnetic Tank bag. Their website is www.tourmaster.com. I shopped pretty hard on line and found $71.00 (us) to be the best price. Have a great trip, it sounds like a blast. Are you riding solo or taking some beaver?
Thanks for that, riding solo, so may take a rear seat bag aswell cheers

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depending on your seating configuration, I'd get a T-Bag.

I have a rear seat for the wife and a Suzuki back rest. I was able to mount an expandable T-Bag on the back seat and it fit plenty of stuff. Plus, when you can use it to lean back against....

Something like this works very well:

That looks awesome just the job, many thanks :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts