M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share a little situation I got myself in this weekend. This weekend was the 1st anniversary of a friend of mine who died young from Cancer. Two HD riding friends of mine and I rode out to the cemetary to visit her grave which is right next to the grave of another friend of mine who was killed in combat in Iraq last year. It was emotionally draining.

Instead of going straight home my friends said they wanted to buy me a beer at this local biker bar that always has "nice people". Well, we pull in and the place is surrounded on all sides by HD's and not a metric to be seen. Everyone stares at me, or the bike, whatever, as we pull in. It did not feel "friendly" at all. Approaching the building I see off to the left "Outlaw" rockers all over the place. I dutifully lowered my eyes to avoid problems. Just as we get to the door I hear, "Who rides this rice burning piece of chit? Whoever he is needs to get it out of here or I will make it disappear!" Needless to say, I was not about to leave my bike unattended with this going on. I apologized to my friends for having to ditch them but I was going home. As I am walking back to my bike this HUGE Outlaw patched dude comes towards me and I think I am in for big trouble. Suprisingly he walks past me and stands over my bike and says "This is a damn nice looking bike. Better than yours you poser f*&^". He said this to whoever was starting crap with me.

I still left to avoid any issues but that Outlaw was OK and covered me as I left. You would think that we all ride bikes and the brotherhood would be enough. :dontknow: Screw it. My bike looked better than almost anything else I saw in that parking lot.:doorag:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Good move on your part, not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It is amazing how ignorant people can be. At least you made it out of there without injury or damage.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Didnt know how many it would have took to whoop that butt but I know you knew how many they were going to use :) .

The monster does draw some attention sometimes its good sometimes it bad !

RIDE ON MY MAN

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Sorry to hear your story, there are still plenty of A-hole Harley riders out there. It isn't the Harley that made them A-holes, they were that way before they even owned a bike!! I used to think that people bought Harleys to be different, to be an individual, to stand out from the crowd. As far as I'm concerned, they just become one of the crowd with the same color bike! Like L.T.T said :edit: them!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Stupid People....glad you were able to get out no harm done. Seems to me more folks are jealous because we got a better bike and didn't have to pay near as much for a Harley, but that could be my subjective opinion!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didnt know how many it would have took to whoop that butt but I know you knew how many they were going to use :) .
THAT is hilarious! That quote actually ran through my mind when this happened! I am pretty confident that I can handle most stuff that comes my way. I was even carrying my Glock with 15 rounds in it. It would NOT have been enough.:eek: Baldy is right, that one Outlaw dude saved my ass. I am no 1%'er and I think most sane people are not going to mess with an Outlaw. You make enemies of one, they all come after you. I can't stand the whole 1%'er lifestyle and the people in it but it saved my butt Saturday!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good move to leave on your part. There is no need for that stuff IMO.. least you made it out good. Hope you had a beer once you got home for your fallen friends!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
THAT is hilarious! That quote actually ran through my mind when this happened! I am pretty confident that I can handle most stuff that comes my way. I was even carrying my Glock with 15 rounds in it. It would NOT have been enough.:eek: Baldy is right, that one Outlaw dude saved my ass. I am no 1%'er and I think most sane people are not going to mess with an Outlaw. You make enemies of one, they all come after you. I can't stand the whole 1%'er lifestyle and the people in it but it saved my butt Saturday!
hes gonna come looking for you to repay your debt, maybe ask you to kill some one:joke:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
1%er does not necessarily mean youre a dick.
It just means your an outlaw, that guy that said that about your bike was a "weenie" an all "bark" no "bite" type of douche.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You are one smart guy. It's the guys that stick around and find a knife in their back that make the news the next day. I am sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What "biker" bar were you at? Weird that after living in that area the majority of my life I never once ran into an Outlaw...It sucks that you had to experience that, the Outlaws here don't even seem to look twice when we show up at outings..they seemed to get along with just about EVERYONE at this gathering for Memorial Day 2009~

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ok Nick....Where were ya. You have my number. I would have been right over. :D Looked for you at the the Mayor's Ride yesterday. 2100 bikes...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
What "biker" bar were you at? Weird that after living in that area the majority of my life I never once ran into an Outlaw...
I don't know the name of the place but it is on the corner of West Jefferson Blvd and Lindenwood by that massive Lindenwood Cemetary. The local Outlaw chapter house is on Main St about 3/4 of a mile away. The Outlaws were cool to me. The big mouth was what they termed a "poser".:D

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok Nick....Where were ya. You have my number. I would have been right over. :D Looked for you at the the Mayor's Ride yesterday. 2100 bikes...
Darn you! I missed another opportunity to ride with you? OK. What's coming up this weekend? I am tired of mostly riding alone!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey, if I had it my way, I'd send ALL these outlaw P.O.S to Iraq. Let them fight for the oil. *******s.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
i don't think it is the H-D, I think its more the biker gang or any gang mantality .they just happened to ride H-D the bike didn't start trouble the people riding them did.the old guns don't kill people kill.JMO

glad you made it out with no trouble had to of been a bad situation to be in.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I saw a biography on the Outlaw MC not too long ago on TV. One of their requirements to join, was to own an American made motorcycle.

Guess we couldn't be 1% even if we wanted too...:doorag:

Good call, to get out of there...:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts