M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just bought a road burner pipe and I am on the market to buying a air intake for the bike, I really like the tornados air intakes. I wonder if some one know a place with a good price? Thanks a lot:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hi guys, I just bought a road burner pipe and I am on the market to buying a air intake for the bike, I really like the tornados air intakes. I wonder if some one know a place with a good price? Thanks a lot:bigthumbsup:
Prices are pretty much all the same across the board whether you buy them directly from Thunder MFG or DLP. They're expensive but money well spent IMO. They add a great look to the bike.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
you could always go with the sleeper mod. it makes more HP and costs a fraction of what tornadoes do. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
I have a link back at my room that a place I have found that has then for $615 on sale right now I believe through the end of Sept. Dont quote me on that. I have been waiting for over a year to find them on sale and this place finally does but I'm on the wrong computer. If no one chimes in I will post up the link later tonight. Every other place I have looked has had them sales them for around the same price.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
you could always go with the sleeper mod. it makes more HP and costs a fraction of what tornadoes do. :bigthumbsup:
I would have to see a dyno of the same bike with all the different free flowing air intakes to believe this. At some point, which I don't claim to know, an engine is getting as much air as it needs/wants and adding more isn't going to make it more efficient. I personally believe that the Tornado is getting as much air as this motor needs. I base this more or less from James McCoy's findings with many different air intakes and lots of dyno runs.

I'm not saying the "sleeper mod" is a waste of time/money, but I am not sure there is evidence to support the claim that it makes more HP.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
:agree:with Bobbymac
The Tornados flow more air then the motor can handle, so I do not believe that the "sleeper" mod is any better plus you don't have the cool look of the Tornados!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I don't know what you base this statement on:dontknow: If you are basing it on one persons dyno run, that is not evidence. You would need to take that same bike on the same dyno under the same conditions with both configuration to really make a apples to apples comparison. besides anyone that knows anything about producing HP knows, you are going to make more HP with cold air than with hot air.

Here is what I know. Ron from Raw Performance came down to Micky Coens shop and had a dyno day. His reason for the dyno day was to do some experiments with the RP pipe and air induction. I have the thunder tornados. Mickey tuned it with the thunders and then removed the entire air box and everything to remove any restriction. Guess what, 1 HP gain. BFD

Now of course, that was only with a fan blowing air on the engine. If you are moving and forceing cold air in, you are going to get more.

Bottom line, you are not going to get more HP alone with the sleeper mod, sucking hot air, now way no how.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I don't know what you base this statement on:dontknow: If you are basing it on one persons dyno run, that is not evidence. You would need to take that same bike on the same dyno under the same conditions with both configuration to really make a apples to apples comparison. besides anyone that knows anything about producing HP knows, you are going to make more HP with cold air than with hot air.

Here is what I know. Ron from Raw Performance came down to Micky Coens shop and had a dyno day. His reason for the dyno day was to do some experiments with the RP pipe and air induction. I have the thunder tornados. Mickey tuned it with the thunders and then removed the entire air box and everything to remove any restriction. Guess what, 1 HP gain. BFD

Now of course, that was only with a fan blowing air on the engine. If you are moving and forceing cold air in, you are going to get more.

Bottom line, you are not going to get more HP alone with the sleeper mod, sucking hot air, now way no how.
slow down there buddy, before you get your panties all in a twist. i didn't say that the sleeper mod made more HP than the tornadoes do. i simply stated that it made more HP (as compared to stock intakes) and also costs less than the tornadoes. perhaps i should have worded the phrase differently as to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
slow down there buddy, before you get your panties all in a twist. i didn't say that the sleeper mod made more HP than the tornadoes do. i simply stated that it made more HP (as compared to stock intakes) and also costs less than the tornadoes. perhaps i should have worded the phrase differently as to avoid confusion.
Well, since he was asking about the tornados, I took your statement to imply more than tornados.

:agree:more than stock.

FYI I don't wear panties, i wear boxers :joke:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a link back at my room that a place I have found that has then for $615 on sale right now I believe through the end of Sept. Dont quote me on that. I have been waiting for over a year to find them on sale and this place finally does but I'm on the wrong computer. If no one chimes in I will post up the link later tonight. Every other place I have looked has had them sales them for around the same price.
Let me know about the link :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
also look at the forcewinder II. I was looking at getting a set of those when I got my 9, they were on back order for 7 months. I decided to do the holley mod, just used edelbrock intakes and made them myself. The forcewinders are 585.00, plus you can probably find them on sale. Also I didn't notice much difference in appearance from the tornados to the forcewinder.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Tornados are pricey but they look and perform amazing! The fat intake tubes match the large nature of the bike and the chrome is very nice quality. They do tend to perform better on the 07' LE's. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Got mine from metricthunder for the same price as stated above, but took 10 weeks as they are produced as ordered, well worth the wait, and they do breath better than the forcewinder and yes these motors need all the air they can get, as long as your letting it out, had forcewinder and cobra swepts before, now with the tornados and raw pipe, well just say unbelievable, night and day, good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got mine from metricthunder for the same price as stated above, but took 10 weeks as they are produced as ordered, well worth the wait, and they do breath better than the forcewinder and yes these motors need all the air they can get, as long as your letting it out, had forcewinder and cobra swepts before, now with the tornados and raw pipe, well just say unbelievable, night and day, good luck with your choice.
Wow!!! 10 weeks ah? That means I will get them till the end of october:mad:
I guess they will be sitting in the box until gets warmer here in chicago

·
Registered
434 Posts
THUNDER INTAKES

Just wanted to say that the thunder intakes are great intakes, they look good cemetrically positioned correctly compaired to others on the market and not after 1.5 years you can get the covers again. Just got mine this week and they look great. Really makes the cool intakes look complete and furosious. LOL:eek:

·
Registered
434 Posts
OIL LEAKING

Do any of you Thunder Intake owners have a problem with dripping oil? Just wondering or this common to my bike only. Let me know. :redfaced:

·
Registered
556 Posts
No oil here, check oil level, perhaps to high, warm bike, let stand 3 minutes, check oil level.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts