M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks a lot for all your replies and help me out to make a decision regarding the tornados intake :bigthumbsup:
If any of you members have this intakes, is any way you can post a "how to" so I can install them, you know...Pic, video or any kind of advice so I don't run in to problems? And also this is the set up I am going to have in the bike, road burner velocity, tornados thunder intakes and the cobra f12000r, is any special or best setting for the f12000r for this set up? Once again, thank you for you help :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
The install is pretty straight forward/intuitive. You get instructions with them. The only words of advice I could give are to make sure you put the correct spacers on the correct side of the bike (they are side specific) and a few of them have come without the holes being tapped for the tube intakes. If that happens you will have to drill/tap them yourself or send them back and make Thunder do it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
One tip I can give you is have a hair drier or a heat gun ready for when you put the filters on the tubes. Heat the rubber up on the filters and use a little bit of windex and they go on pretty easy.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
One tip I can give you is have a hair drier or a heat gun ready for when you put the filters on the tubes. Heat the rubber up on the filters and use a little bit of windex and they go on pretty easy.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that :D. What I did was get a pot boiling with some water and then held the rubber end of the K&N's in it to soften them up and make them stretch easier. I had no problems getting mine on at all.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Bobbymac,

Any issues getting the K&N rain sock onto the filters? Man...what a chore.
Also, the rubber base of the filter is not level. Is that for a specific reason??

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts