M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my coolant replace and other services and noticed that coolant is at the bottom line when cold. Is there a easy way to top off resevoir or do I have to remove the side covers and tank?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,956 Posts
I've topped mine of two different ways, and didn't remove the radiator covers with either one.

Find the overflow hose hanging below your bike. You can fill a squeeze bottle and fit it in or over the hose and force it into the reservoir. Put a pan under it to catch the fluid that will run back out of the hose.

You can actually reach around behind the radiator cover and remove the rubber stopper with your fingers if you're careful. Use a baster or squeeze bottle with a hose and put it in from there, then replace the stopper. It takes some maneuvering with your fingers to get the stopper back in.

And last, if the coolant is on the low level when cold you're still OK. It will rise to the upper level when it warms up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just get a funnel with a small rubber tube, pop the cap off and fill. yes its a tight space but i'm a big guy and was able to get fingers in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts