M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bike for three weeks now and couldn't help myself from seeing how fast I could get it to go. The mod that I have done are the JSD, removed all three baffles and cut the ends off of the mufflers.Â

I'm not making this up, I had the bike going well over 150++mph!!! The speedometer was buried for over a min, it felt like I was going to get blown off the bike.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Re: TOPED OUT BIKE TODAY!!!!

what do you mean by cut the ends off the mufflers? just removed the baffles?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: TOPED OUT BIKE TODAY!!!!

Instead of drilling holes into the ends of the mufflers, I cut the back of the inner muffler out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one of these on my Roadstar and it works GREAT!

Needed it as I did a 1-tooth smaller pulley. Basically all you do is calculate the stock speedo error, program the unit's flash for offset - BINGO, completely spot on speedometer. It's so sophistacted you can even calculate the error based on tire wear.

About $80 I think - comes with a plug-and-play harness. One of the best $80 I've spent on mods.

http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/intro.htm

maxxer

·
Registered
69 Posts
Had mine on GPS at 135 but it wiggled a but and the thought of that guy with the "shakes" came to mind and I slowed back down. High speed wobbles look like they might hurt a bit.

G

·
Question.... How does the bike handle at that speed? I mean you are hanging on for dear life, the force of the wind is trying to blast you off of the bike, and if you are like me, you would be scared sh#tless thinking of what the effects would be like if you were to blow a tire. Oh, does the 109 feel like the front whee is going to leave the ground? :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke:

Reed

G

·
vipermike said:
I've had my bike for three weeks now and couldn't help myself from seeing how fast I could get it to go. The mod that I have done are the JSD, removed all three baffles and cut the ends off of the mufflers.Â

I'm not making this up, I had the bike going well over 150++mph!!! The speedometer was buried for over a min, it felt like I was going to get blown off the bike.
Dude, if you hit the limiter with the TRE Mod, you where not quite at 150 because the bike will only do 150 on the Dyno, but I have to ask to you have your donor card updated. WTF!

·
Registered
314 Posts
More stability with shooter, 6 a.m., no cars, slight tire growth just beginning. Had to let off, coming up on civilization and intersections. Full face and leathers. Speedometer indicated 150. Wouldn't have been as easy without shooter. Amazing  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I agree Bro not much wind protection,and the lounge sitting position,don't help either.This bike is a GSX'r in cruizer clothes.I would like a normal feet tuck pegs,for riding agressive.I too almost got blown off this thing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Only thing I can add is that I had mine up to 125 mph and she was still pulling. :bigthumbsup: I shut it down as this was my first attempt at a top end run. Only mods are drilled out pipes and JSD-3M. Am 6'1" and 205 lbs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got 130+ in 4th wasn't brave enough to go to 5th and continue winding it out. The wind blew my right foot of the peg and I had to lean on the tank not go get blown off this beast. Before yesterday, I have never been over 90 mph and will not be riding over 100 mph again unless I'm at the track. I don't see how you guys hold on at 150...

besides, it only took 130 to catch and get by the vrod after he took off. :yikes: :hot: :clap2: :a18: :#1:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts