M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very powerful and fun bike. The bike rides, handles, and looks more like a hyper-performance sport bike. Don't get me wrong, I loved ridind this bike (fantastic brakes). This is a motorcycle for guys who want hype bike performance in a cruiser riding style. The M 109 R is for the new exploding market of high performance bikes built in a cruiser riding style. It will crush the Victory Hammer because it is a better bike at a much lower price. This bike will in no way compete with the air cooled Harley bikes or the S&S power customs because they are two very different types of rides and two different markets. This bike is a winner! I am so pleased to see someone finally produce a true performance bike I can ride without leg cramps! This baby runs and it will stop on a dime. There is no air cooled v-twin that will stay with this machine. I had no problem keeping up with (and passing) my hyper bike buddies. The only old school cruisers I've seen while riding this bike, were those in the mirror. I loved it.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...zuki/2008-suzuki-boulevard-m109r-ar41099.html

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yep

:agree:

Not a problem with that !
:bigthumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Come on what are you guys talking about I have a Harley fatboy and it will blow the 9 out of the water in a race! :joke::joke::joke: lmao

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Come on what are you guys talking about I have a Harley fatboy and it will blow the 9 out of the water in a race! :joke::joke::joke: lmao
I'm still waiting to run my buddy's 131 CI custom Harley, but he can't keep the damn thing operational long enough to race me.....there's always something wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
"The only old school cruisers I've seen while riding this bike, were those in the mirror. I loved it."

I know dat's right!!! :a20:..............:doorag:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I loved the line about seeing the other cruisers in the rear view. I had something like that happen at a poker run. There was a guy that had a dyna low with the 110 screamin eagle motor, and he told me that since he had a six speed and an extra cubic inch that he would smoke me. I just shrugged my shoulders and said hmm, there is only one way to find out. We took off from an on ramp to the interstate (I let him take off about a half second before me and by the time I hit 90 he was around 8 or 9 lengths behind me. We got to our first stop to pull a card and he said wow that thing is fast, but its not a harley. I said you are absolutely correct thats why I paid 20 grand less than you for mine. His jaw dropped. :yikes::doh: I love my 9 and all the interesting conversations that it starts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm still waiting to run my buddy's 131 CI custom Harley, but he can't keep the damn thing operational long enough to race me.....there's always something wrong with it.
that sounds like standard harley operation to me :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
that sounds like standard harley operation to me :dontknow:
When it's working, the thing is a torque monster. I'm sure he'd pull me off the line, but I have feeling once the 9 gets spooled up I'd pass him. His HD won't rev past 5K RPM.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I loved the line about seeing the other cruisers in the rear view. I had something like that happen at a poker run. There was a guy that had a dyna low with the 110 screamin eagle motor, and he told me that since he had a six speed and an extra cubic inch that he would smoke me. I just shrugged my shoulders and said hmm, there is only one way to find out. We took off from an on ramp to the interstate (I let him take off about a half second before me and by the time I hit 90 he was around 8 or 9 lengths behind me. We got to our first stop to pull a card and he said wow that thing is fast, but its not a harley. I said you are absolutely correct thats why I paid 20 grand less than you for mine. His jaw dropped. :yikes::doh: I love my 9 and all the interesting conversations that it starts.
Awesome Bro!! I wish I could have seen his face! :clap2:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
I like the conclusion, kind of sounds like what we tell folks when they ask about getting one:

Over ALL, GET ONE! This machine is AWESOME! The M109 wins on looks, power, and handling. I would recommend this bike to anyone getting back on bikes but not for the faint hearted as thing goes. This bike is truly Uniquely Bad! Scary fast.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Same thing my buddy thought. He bought a new Screaming Eagle 110 (full dresser however) and figured he would be faster than me top end wise. He opened it up at about 90 in the desert, I dropped into 4th for 2 seconds then hit 5th as I passed him and left him in the dust. It was absolutely no contest. He was impressed but bummed, he paid well over $30,000 for a no go show boat

·
Registered
4,890 Posts

Same thing my buddy thought. He bought a new Screaming Eagle 110 (full dresser however) and figured he would be faster than me top end wise. He opened it up at about 90 in the desert, I dropped into 4th for 2 seconds then hit 5th as I passed him and left him in the dust. It was absolutely no contest. He was impressed but bummed, he paid well over $30,000 for a no go show boat

i absolutely love reading stories like this. some of those HD guys are stubborn and too far gone into their HD comas that they sometimes just need a little reality check. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
HD guys are stubborn but once their eyes get opened then maybe they will think twice about dropping 30 large on a bike that performs like it is from the 1950's. Sure I might not have a bike that says HD on the tank but who got the best bang for the buck? Hmmm.........

·
Registered
68 Posts
Me against blown harley.

HD guys are stubborn but once their eyes get opened then maybe they will think twice about dropping 30 large on a bike that performs like it is from the 1950's. Sure I might not have a bike that says HD on the tank but who got the best bang for the buck? Hmmm.........
As I have posted just recently,I went to drag strip along with my brother first time last week...
My best run was 12.1 [email protected] mph.
My brother's [email protected](his got busa).
There was one harley guy with his blown harley.
It was an older model,but I didn't fail to notice of his blower fixed on his bike.
His best run was 12.09.
I only lost him a 1-2 bike lengths.
I was a rookie,he wasn't,since he seem to be so confident and self assured(or are they all?)
My mistakes were,that I made some bunglers with a gear changes,and last but not least... I had a V-Steam screen on my bike.
Rest assured,next time he pulls beside me at the strip... I will smoke him:evil:
Let's see then where his self assured confidence goes????
Safe riding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts