M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've gotten mine up to 145. Still working for the buck fifty mark. I know there are some out there that have burried their needle. Question are these people brave enough to let us know who they are.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've gotten mine up to 145. Still working for the buck fifty mark. I know there are some out there that have burried their needle. Question are these people brave enough to let us know who they are.
Guess they are already 'Brave Enough' if the have already burried their needle.:joke:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well one day at the track, I hit 138 for a brief moment. I'm not brave enough to bury the needle just yet. I'd like to get a few more miles on my bike first.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
148 (shown on GPS).......................on a closed course, or maybe it was a lonely Texas road on the way to trade my 109 in. :evil:

·
Registered
259 Posts
145 here on ( a closed course ) somewhere in Texas

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
148 (shown on GPS)
145 here on ( a closed course ) somewhere in Texas
That's pretty impressive to me for a "cruiser". I've backed mine off at about 125mph a couple of times. Guess that's fast enough for me. So I'll take you guys word on the actual topend of these bikes.

Also I'm glad your stating GPS speed not the 7% inaccurate Suzuki Speedo number.

·
Registered
32 Posts
At 100, (spedo), my size 12&1/2 boots are trying to come off the pegs!!
I am still breaking that black beast in, 1200 miles so far, and when I figure out how to keep from having my feet blow off the pegs, I'll let her rip!!:bow::bow:

·
Registered
259 Posts
At 100, (spedo), my size 12&1/2 boots are trying to come off the pegs!!
I am still breaking that black beast in, 1200 miles so far, and when I figure out how to keep from having my feet blow off the pegs, I'll let her rip!!:bow::bow:
do you wear boots with a heal or flat bottoms,
i wear a 14 DDD and have no problem with my feet coming off at any speed other than when i drag a heel a little too deep in a corner....lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well i got mine to 135 and almost messed myself when the handlebars started wobbling:redfaced:. But I will say It had more to give so I would assume it could hit 150. Also when i did that, my needle started acting a fool and bounced around a bit so now my speedometer is off by about 7mph. Good luck to those that wanna try it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I have hit 145 and still had lots left .... of rpm's not road.... but have only had bike for less than 2 months... :doorag:

·
Registered
214 Posts
140 on the spedo after oil change to mobile one and cleaning the K & N's. Doesn't always get up there but I can count on 120 just about any day.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Are you guys hitting these speeds with or without a windshield? Not that i wanna top it, just curious.
ive done both you just gotta lay low when doing it w/o

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I've been to SUPER PERSUIT MODE! But I didn't have time to look down:eek:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I hit 120* the first day on the ride home, and I've had it as high as 130* one time. That's fast enough for me. Oh and as far as my feet coming off the pegs, I hook my feet under the brake and shifter levers so I don't do the splits and fly off the back!!

-Josh

(* denotes closed course speeds only, performed by trained professionals under adult supervision with full medical staff on standby)

·
Registered
927 Posts
135 on speedo....in undisclosed area...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts