M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all as I've stated I the past I'm not very mechanically minded but I'll give anything a go. So I've just bought the following parts to start to mod my 9-
• barrons big air kit
• cobra fi2000r
• bassani pro street exhaust
• Rivco license relocator kit
• Rivco risers
• iso grips

Cause I have the next 3 weeks off (Xmas holiday) I'll tinker around and try to fit these parts on. Now this is where you guys come in- what tools would I need ?? The top 10 would give me a start as I'm off to the hardware shop to buy them!!!! Cheers toro9

·
Registered
128 Posts
Metric allen wrench set, maybe some black wire ties and cutters to clip them with. Metric wrenches and sockets, check hardware for size.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
To remove the stock risers and install the Rivco, you'll need a 10mm metric allen wrench, and not just the regular L shaped kind that comes in a pack. Go to Walmart or sears and get a 3/8" drive metric set that fits on a ratchet (socket wrench). If you don't have a 3/8" drive ratchet, you need one of those too. And the kit will come in really handy for a lot of other metric bolts on the bike.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
you can pick up some cheap tools at harbor freight to get you started .... or craftsman if you wanna go good tools :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
tourque wrench
bike jack
metric tools
jam box
beer

not necsesary in that order.

? is there a spell check on here?

·
Registered
81 Posts
for your list you don't need a lift yet....but get one anyway you will in the future.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Any good mechanics tool set should have everything you need (except maybe the torque wrench). And for some reason they don't want to put screw drivers in there. But the metric stuff should be good. T-handle allen wrenches and allen socket tips rock.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Look at Craftsman tools. They have great starter sets. Basic hand tools and some to this date I still don't know why they put it in. Set of T handle allens. (works better than those "L" shaped ones)
Motorcycle jack. I got mine at Harbour freight tools for around $75-$80.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Blue Locktite

Get a tube of blue locktite before you do anything else, and always use it on any bolt threads you loosen/take off. Just a small dab. Don't overtighten bolts and break them. Use the right tool for the job.
If you follow these 3 things, everything else will go well if you are patient and use your head. Have fun too.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
These are some necessary items , but the Most important is a Factory shop Manual ,if not fo any thing other than the Torque Specs

zoom is Right Those Riser Bolts are TIGHT ???

I suggest 1/2 inch drive ratchet on the Ten MM Allen , your Chrome will thank you ,, Have Fun :congrats:

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Mod on bro

This is a list of my upcoming mods when I purchase another bike on Mar 1st.

Mods List​

Item​
Price​

Greggs License Plate​
$ 120.00​
Strutto Rear Turnsignals, DLP​
$ 144.95​
Hellcat Windshield, DLP​
$ 201.90​
Kurakyn ISO Grips, DLP​
$ 65.69​
Kurakyn Bullet Grip Ends​
$40.99​
Extended Mirror Arms, DLP​
$ 69.00​
Lowering Links​
$89.95​
Chrome Side Covers​
$54.95​
Rivco 2" Risers​
$ 269.95​
K & N Air Filters​
$ 79.99​
Dynojet PowerCommander​
$ 299.99​
Exhaust Cam​
$ 19.99​
Side Burner Exhaust​
$ 679.99​
Costal Moto Phantom Wheels​
$ 2,599.00​
Joe Flordia Light Kit​
$ 139.99​

Total​
$ 4,876.33​

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get a tube of blue locktite before you do anything else, and always use it on any bolt threads you loosen/take off. Just a small dab. Don't overtighten bolts and break them. Use the right tool for the job.
If you follow these 3 things, everything else will go well if you are patient and use your head. Have fun too.
Sorry if I sound stupid but not sure what " loctite " is? Being from Australia I don't believe we have that product here. Is the same as any other product on the market?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Sorry if I sound stupid but not sure what " loctite " is? Being from Australia I don't believe we have that product here. Is the same as any other product on the market?
Loctite is a brand of liquid thread locker that you can buy in a small tube or can. A dab on the threads will keep nuts and bolts from coming loose. I'm sure you have a version available. A must in every tool box, IMHO.

·
Registered
624 Posts
We are not that backwards here in OZ :joke: we do have loctite.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
One addition tool you might want to consider is a 1/2 inch breaker bar (18" to 24") with a 3/8" adapter, and a steel pipe to extend the bar if you need to.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts