M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious, did anyone out there who pruchased the 109 get a tool kit with the bike like it says in the owner's??? I got nothing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The tool kit that comes with the bike are worthless.  Why bike manufacturers supply these type of tools is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
247 Posts
yeah i got a tool kit.its really crap i wouldn't put these tools on a single nut on my bike.my tool kit was missing the spanner wrench that you adjust the suspension with

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It's best to trash the OEM kit and purchase a kit from a custom bike place. They have some awesome multi-tools that have more stuff and take up less space than the OEM junk.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, I found the tool kit to be something of a joke, too. The one item that was missing is the tool for adjusting the suspension. Here's my problem: I got into a arguement with the dealer and do not wish to go back to him ever again. It wasn't until after the disagreement, that I found the wrench, to be missing. Does any of you guys know of a comparable tool out there that can be substituted?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did you lift up the battery cover? The manual says it's under the seat and when I didn't find it I almost called the dealer but just had a hunch to look under the battery cover and there it was.

Take a look if you haven't. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the tip......... I wish.
There is now spanner wrench to be found.
I called the dealer and they said "we'll be glad to order ya one"
That's where I'm at and it's still not in.
I will buy one. But, it ticks me off that it was suppose to be in the tool kit in the first place!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Trust me,,,,

The spanner wrench they sent me was a stamped out POS!

Everyone would be better off to get Hal to CNC cut some of these out of a piece of 1/4 inch plate metal.

I tossed it into the junk drawer in the kitchen..

I'll bet money they spent about 10 cents each on them..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Luckily I read this topic before buying my bike... was prepared for the tech to show me the "toolkit".

The one thing that I thought was just absolutely ridiculous was that the one (yes, ONE!) allen wrench in the "stock" toolkit doesn't fit the screws that attach the cowl in place for the rear seat... :edit:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts