M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just opened up my tool kit to see what was inside. All I have is three wrenches and a phil screw driver. Is this correct? I know the spanner wrench is not supplied, but my C50 came with a bunch of other tools.

·
Registered
696 Posts
bighead32708 said:
Just opened up my tool kit to see what was inside. All I have is three wrenches and a phil screw driver. Is this correct? I know the spanner wrench is not supplied, but my C50 came with a bunch of other tools.
as a crew chief on a B-52 :cop:... all i needed was 1) speed handle/apex bit to open panels :) 2) Large common screw driver to open Eng Cowls :p 3) small common screw driver to adjust fuel gauges with real fuel load :yikes: 4) and a VERY large ball peen hammer to beat the BUF into submission :tools:...... maybe Zuki... doesn't think we will need to fix our 109's :#1:....mjm

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I bought my 109, I did not think to check the tool kit until I was 40 miles away. Called the dealer, went back to show what I considered an oversite on the bike prep. Two of the smallest combination wrenches, one screwdriver, and two allen wrenches were all that was with the new bike.. The dealer agreed this didn't appear to be right. He went back to another 109 package, lifted the seat and had the same empty tool kit. "Well, I guess that's all you get." (end of story, he had his money.) I was a little irked. Having had a dozen other bikes over the years, I made a decent kit for the bike with what I had in the garage. However, as a flagship model and an engineering marvel, whoever dragged Suzuki's name in the mud to save a few dollars on a tool kit should be delegated to carring out the trash.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are the best.....so basically nobody got shiet! I want to complain to someone. Is anyone listening? LOL Thanks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
One of those combo tools works great ;)

That is a great addition to the tool kit on the 109...

I guess they give you the tools to make quick road-side repairs...

Other repairs would not normally be done road-side I guess, hence not being included...

·
Registered
665 Posts
My Dealer ordered me one! There's no way a NEW bike should come without one. How are you supposed to adjust the rear suspension without one? ::) Infact I was back at the dealers,to have them reduce the preload,and the shop didn't have one either!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts