M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What comes in the tool kit,I can't find anything in the book.Kit is cheap 2 wrenches,one plyers.I have no spark plug wrench,which also fit the front axel .
Anybody know for sure.A least Honda sad what you got.Honda tool kit is a master mechanic set compaiared to this junk.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yup, it isn't much but factory tool kits normally aren't. What it offers is a small bag to put some of your own tools that you might actually use, and an out of the way place to store it. To Suzuki's credit, I never saw a tool kit this easy to access that's still fairly secure (locked under seat). That's why I threw my Docs and extra fuses in there.
Jer

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my Valkyrie,and Wing had decent kit,cheap,bur spaner wrench,and wrench for front axle were their

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Re: Tool kit Getting exactly what you need!!!

Folks:

For those of us who have already parted with the bucks to procure a 109 this may come a bit late. This is for those who are on the verge of pulling the trigger on a new 109.

WHEN YOU NEGOTIATE YOUR FINAL PRICE WITH THE STEALER JUST BEFORE YOU SIGN YOUR NAME TO THE DOTTED LINE, TELL THE SALESMAN YOU WANT TO SEE THE ACTUAL TOOL KIT INCLUDED WITH THE MACHINE. WHEN YOU OR THE SALESMAN OPENS UP THE KIT AND SEE A SCREW DRIVER, PLIERS, ALLEN WRENCH AND TWO OPEN END WRENCHES TELL THE SALESMAN BLUNTLY AT THAT POINT THAT BEFORE YOU PURCHASE YOU WANT THE FRONT AXLE TOOL AND SPANNER WRENCH AT HIS EXPENSE INCLUDED WITH THE TOOL KIT AND WILL NOT COMPLETE THE DEAL UNTIL HE AGREES. IF HE STATES THEY ARE NOT IN STOCK "GET IT IN WRITING" THAT THEY ARE PROVIDING THE ITEMS AFTER THE SALE. ILL BET THAT THEY'RE NOT GOING TO LOOSE A SALE AT THAT POINT OVER SEVERAL DOLLARS IN TOOLS.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
saw my tool kit today for the first time...what a joke...going to put my own tools in kit but I am going to get Suzuki to give me the spanner wrench

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I always chunk the OEM tool kits.

Replace that stuff with a good multi-tool and appropriate wrenches and sockets.

My CBR required a 27mm wrench and 22mm socket to get the wheels off. You won't find those in the OEM toolkit.

I saw a kickin multi-tool at the local BIG DOG dealer over the weekend. It had just about everthing for $30

·
Registered
110 Posts
We all know the OEM tools are junk, but what kind of tools do you like to have with you at all times?
I like to have allen wrenches, multi tipped screw driver, pliers, a foot or two of bailing wire, crescent wrench.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Mazatrol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts