M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone out there tell me where the tool kit for the M109 is? (that's if there is one). The dealer told me that there is a kit for the bike located under the seat but I've yet to find it. One person told me it's located in the plastic part that has the M109 emblem on it but if it is I can't figure out how to get to it. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

·
Registered
913 Posts
when you remove your seat, there is a compartment next to the battery, if you have a tool kit on your bike, it will be in there.

Have you removed your seat yet?

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
if you dont have one........UR not missin anything! :bigthumbsup:

I tossed mine so I could put a aux power for my gps in.... ;)

p.s. doesnt this belong in the general and not the pictures forum??? just sayin..

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Did anyone actually have the tool to adjust the spring preload on their shock? I didn't have one in my tool kit and I was surprised. I just borrowed one from another suzuki tool kit I had.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I didn't have the tool to adjust the spring preload either. I had to use the one for my CBR, but his the tool bag that came with the bike sucks. I took mine out and left it in the garage the day I bought it. I now keep a spare pair of clear glasses wrapped in a rag there.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Two dealers told me the toll kit did not include a spaner wrench to adjust the shock. You can get one on ebay for under $5.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Ahhh,,, for you "new" guys,,,

The '06's were the only bikes supposed to come with a spanner wrench, it is stated in a '06 owner's manual. '06 owners had to go back to the dealer and complain to get one as it was never put in the tool kits. It was edited out beginning in '07.

Also the tool kits are there to help you in a emergency to maybe get something fixed to get home. Nothing more nothing less,,,

I own a 1974 Suzuki RV125 Sand bike and its tool kit is practically IDENTICAL to the current ones.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Ahhh,,, for you "new" guys,,,

The '06's were the only bikes supposed to come with a spanner wrench, it is stated in a '06 owner's manual. '06 owners had to go back to the dealer and complain to get one as it was never put in the tool kits. It was edited out beginning in '07.

Also the tool kits are there to help you in a emergency to maybe get something fixed to get home. Nothing more nothing less,,,

I own a 1974 Suzuki RV125 Sand bike and its tool kit is practically IDENTICAL to the current ones.
What would you suggest using for routinely changing up the spring preload then if not the spanner wrench that Suzuki cost-saved out.

I already have a different one, so no worries about me. I am just thinking of everyone else with the same issue.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
What would you suggest using for routinely changing up the spring preload then if not the spanner wrench that Suzuki cost-saved out.

I already have a different one, so no worries about me. I am just thinking of everyone else with the same issue.
Well the did not cost save much, that's for sure,,, but they have to do what most of us already have done,,, gone and bought one,,,

It's a 72MM or 74MM sized spanner wrench.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts