M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this bike has never give me a minutes trouble in 10000 miles and now I polish the rims and put them back on and fired it up to go show my buddy and kaput willy not idle. I turned the key off and then back on ,I let it cycle and started the same way, what the hell did I do to piss this bike off?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the kind that make my bike crap out!!!! no I started with mothers and there were some spots I had to get wild with some 450 then 1500 then 2000 grit and I went to ACE and picked up some tripoi and jewelers polish in the stick form and worked for what seemed to be forever with a small buffing wheel. ps dont forget to stop and clean the wheel ever so often it will build up a black waxy crust and it doesnt work as well.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
this bike has never give me a minutes trouble in 10000 miles and now I polish the rims and put them back on and fired it up to go show my buddy and kaput willy not idle. I turned the key off and then back on ,I let it cycle and started the same way, what the hell did I do to piss this bike off?
Do you mean that it will start then die when it returns to normal idle speed ,,?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah fires right up and then rpms drop to zero. If I give it gas it runs fine. runs down the road fine but when you stop and let go of the gas it craps out.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Check your air filters as polishing can make quite a mess.

Reset the cpu by disconnecting the - side of the battery for a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went out to the shop and pulled the neg. terminal off for about 5 min and put it back on and presto the computer reset and no more problems. many thanks square rounder worked like a charm.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I went out to the shop and pulled the neg. terminal off for about 5 min and put it back on and presto the computer reset and no more problems. many thanks square rounder worked like a charm.
No problem.

Try that first with almost every problem that comes up.

Between that and checking fuses, you will fix 80% of the problems you come up with.

Well, maybe not quite 80%, but enough that it is the first thing I do in diagnosing any issue.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Had the same issue this morning, will die in idle; disconected the negtive
for few minutes and :D, we good to go, probably save $150.00. Dealer wants $85.00 for diagnostic no matter what, plus fixing the problem :-\

Thanks guys

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
little known fact: most of the voltage runs through the wheels so by polishing you may have inadvertently changed the polarity.

Try reversing the wheels

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
little known fact: most of the voltage runs through the wheels so by polishing you may have inadvertently changed the polarity.

Try reversing the wheels
As funny as that is, I would hate to see someone not realize you are kidding.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
man if they think that's real, they really shouldn't be allowed out of the house alone, let alone riding a cycle

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my god what are some people thinking, but I have to admit that made me laugh . way to think on your feet...:doorag:

·
Registered
547 Posts

Try reversing the wheels
Oh come on, everyone knows reversing the wheels won't work, but taking them back off and polishing them in the opposite direction does.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Oh come on, everyone knows reversing the wheels won't work, but taking them back off and polishing them in the opposite direction does.
Hey! What gives?!!! That didn't work either!!! :a20:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts