M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a list of what's supposed to come in our tool kit? It seems awefully small with just a few items...

·
Registered
139 Posts
A lot of nothing. Not even a spanner wrench to change the suspesion setting. There is another thread that talks a little more about the lame kit.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Stretch said:
A lot of nothing. Not even a spanner wrench to change the suspesion setting. There is another thread that talks a little more about the lame kit.
Yes what you see is what you get. There is not a lot of anything there. To me the spanner tool is the only thing I will use.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
litterally guys, I think there's maybe 4 or 5 things in there. Not at all like my m50. It had so much I could barely close the vinyl pouch! Is this normal or am I missing tools?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yup, and go figure. Suzuki has once again forgotten to give you a bolt / fitting or what ever you want to call it to remove the front wheel axel. ::) Good thing that I bought one for my GSXR that I still have!!!! :bigthumbsup:

P.S. If you dont have one.... may I suggest getting one and carrying it on the bike at all times in the event that you are in need of a front tire change while away from home...... you would be suprised how few people have an allen wrench that big when you need one!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe my kit included a crappy screwdriver, two wrenches, a pliers, and an allen wrench that isn't even the right size to replace the cowl/seat.

·
Registered
584 Posts
aside from the allen wrench that was taped to the underside of my rear seat (the cowl was on it when I bought it), I don't recall ever seeing any toolkit....crappy or not.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
If they did not hand you one it might be in the "glove box". You need to remove the seat and then pull the two pins and pull out a plastic piece that covers it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Glad that you found it, now do you really think you will use it? :bigthumbsup: :a20: :clap2: :beer3: :hot:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Twin00 said:
aside from the allen wrench that was taped to the underside of my rear seat (the cowl was on it when I bought it), I don't recall ever seeing any toolkit....crappy or not.
Hey Twin00,

Did you check under the battery cover for your toolkit? The manual says it's under the seat but mine was under the battery cover,on the right hand side.

Hope this helps.

J

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you got the kit with just about nothing in it...you got the right one :joke: Seriously Lamoster found a nice kit at Lowes and posted it on here. I got that one and supplemented the puny stock kit with it, now I have more than enough tools and no space under the seat...got to give to get...Try a search on "Tool Kit" and see if it pops up...good luck

Devilish

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just traded for my wifes M-50 Tools, i hope i dont get stuck riding her bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts