M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, my dad and a close friend of ours took a nice ride today...

left out at about 1430 hours and returned about 1700 (just before the rain!!)

Dad was riding his super nice 1300VTX and our friend Dave was riding his 1100 VStar..

Very nice ride to Little River Academy, stopped at a historical marker and then took the back roads to a little town called Heidenheimer...turned west toward Temple and back on Hwy 190 to Copperas Cove...about a 100 mile jaunt...nice stretch of the legs and beautiful scenery...

gotta get those miles up on the 9 to break in so I can play with her...the temptation is sooooooooooooo bad...

just wanted to share...would love to meet up with others anytime!!!

Steve

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MDBlvd109 said:
I know exactly what you mean. I'm so tempted to open mine up, but I'm still breaking her in so I'm trying to be easy. I just can't wait to have a little fun after the first service.

Hang in there....
I know...it is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tempting...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ppridgen1 said:
way cool glad you're getting some miles on it,keep it up and you will have her broken in in no time flat :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
that is what I am counting on....about to take a road trip to Dallas...be about 180 miles one way on that one

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really like the scenary out there.  I live in western Kentucky but my mother grew up around Lampasas.  I was through the Cove around the 1st of June and wished I had my bike.  It gets a little warm out there though :eek:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xray1 said:
I really like the scenary out there. I live in western Kentucky but my mother grew up around Lampasas. I was through the Cove around the 1st of June and wished I had my bike. It gets a little warm out there though :eek:
yeah, it can get warm and humid...it was very mild yesterday though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts