M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is the general message board, I thought I would throw this out there- Believe it or not it is too dam hot here in upstate New York to ride.Mid to upper 90s with high humidity. I don't know how you Southern
boys handle it. I guess you just have to go faster to keep cool !

·
Registered
143 Posts
Since this is the general message board, I thought I would throw this out there- Believe it or not it is too dam hot here in upstate New York to ride.Mid to upper 90s with high humidity. I don't know how you Southern
I use to live in Middletown, NY it does get extremely hot and humid there! It is quite alright to say that it might be too hot to ride. And for those of you out there who do in this high heat be careful...sun, humidity drains you!

Hydrate, Hydrate and Hydrate!!! Stays safe out there!

ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Too Hot

I have been lurking around for awhile since I sold the 06 109 but enjoyed the ride so much I picked up a new 09. Anyway wanted to try the Suzuki Gel Seat and in NY heat my butt may literally develop blisters. My work pants are a thin cotton so not much to insulate me. I don't care for the flat Gel position but have been monitoring the Corbin threads so I will follow the lack of quality and customer concerns. John

·
Registered
83 Posts
I live in South Jersey near Atlantic City And it's 102% today. I'm not riding anywhere .Chill,:bigthumbsup: That's what I want to do.:a18:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I rode to the office today. The ride was roughly 40 minutes one-way. It was like riding in a blast furnace! Some places were somewhat cool while others were nothing but HEAT, waves and waves of HEAT.

On the way home, I took one of my favorite routes through the wooded countryside. It was STILL hot!

I know the temps in some places had to be around 115 degrees. In some areas, it felt like the sun was cooking my face. Almost like standing in front of the stove with the oven door open...

As I pulled into the garage, the bike fan was running trying to cool the beast. I walked inside and gave my wife a hug. She says "Eeewwww, your HOT, get away...."... :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
Here in Florida a couple weeks ago the heat index was 105 so it was way to hot to ride. Now it's been raining everyday and we still can't ride. If all is good I am going to try to ride down to the Keys on Friday. It will be a nice 5 hrs. ride.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Here in Florida a couple weeks ago the heat index was 105 so it was way to hot to ride. Now it's been raining everyday and we still can't ride. If all is good I am going to try to ride down to the Keys on Friday. It will be a nice 5 hrs. ride.
I'll take the rain any day... My yard is turning brown...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have been lurking around for awhile since I sold the 06 109 but enjoyed the ride so much I picked up a new 09. Anyway wanted to try the Suzuki Gel Seat and in NY heat my butt may literally develop blisters. My work pants are a thin cotton so not much to insulate me. I don't care for the flat Gel position but have been monitoring the Corbin threads so I will follow the lack of quality and customer concerns. John
If you decide to sell your gels, I'm interested.

·
Banned
408 Posts
YUP, me & my GF just rode 25 minutes up to a BBQ place in NY state, when we got there we were soaked. All I did was drink glasses & glasses of ice water but not really hungry. It sucks.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Me and a few friends rode to Delaware for the Hooters Bike Night. Hot as hell to start (101 degrees), but the ride back was nice:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm dealing with the same thing here in Vermont but I'm enjoying the
hell out of it!! :evil:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ahhh the wonders of 120+ heat and no humidity. Either here in Iraq or at home in Arizona its the same. And I work on the jets I'm talking 1100+ degree heat blowing on you while its 120. I'll take the 120 with 0 humidity over 90 and 80+ humidity any day.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You know it"s :edit: HOT when you need a spatchula to scrap your plums off your thighs when you"re finished riding.:'(

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
This heat is killing me.

It was 102f here yesterday.

Riding was ok in shaded valleys, but on the highway in direct sun, the wind felt more like a convection oven.

G

·
Yup...I'm on LI, and I've headed straight for the car the last few days. Yesterday it was 87 degrees with about 278% humidity at 6:30 in the morning when I was leaving for work...riding not an option.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I live on Long Island and ride to work in Manhattan. It's not bad leaving at 6am. The traffic is great at that time. The afternoons have been a bit rough. The BQE is a parking lot. I normally don't ride the breakdown lane, but I've had to this week with the heat. I leave work at 3pm, so once i'm past the BQE to the LIE, the traffic is fine and i'm doing 65 all the way home. not bad at all. Beats the Long Island Railroad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts