M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stealer did not tell me about replacing the plugs and air filters @ 7500 /11000 miles and I am at 12K miles now, so I decided to take it into my own hands. Have the bike apart (Pic 1) but need advice on the following points:
1.) One plug and plug wire head were corroded with white crust. Why is that???? What is the best way to clean the spark plug wire head inside the tube:dontknow:?

2.) On the gear/clutch side air filter housing, I removed it and this part (Pic 2/3) popped out of somewhere:eek:??? WTH??

3.) Teletubbies is not a cool theme for Ole Yeller(pic 4):joke:!!!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
pic 2/3 that is the lower airbox spacer. it goes between the block and the bottom most airbox mount. run the bolt through it than into the block. large flat part towards the airbox.

as far as the white powder goes that probably is corrosion. i would take a small wire brush (like a small battery term cleaner and clean the end out with that. and before you reassemble put some di-electric grease in there. that will make you connection better and prevent the corrosion from happening again.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pic 2/3 that is the lower airbox spacer. it goes between the block and the bottom most airbox mount. run the bolt through it than into the block. large flat part towards the airbox.

as far as the white powder goes that probably is corrosion. i would take a small wire brush (like a small battery term cleaner and clean the end out with that. and before you reassemble put some di-electric grease in there. that will make you connection better and prevent the corrosion from happening again.
:2cool: Pynikal! A soft reeming with a wire brush and electric grease...but why did it corrode? I'm kinda of disappointed you didn't hit on the Teletubbie mod??? Prolly better left unsaid...

Thanks again Bro and have a good weekend.

Ride on.....

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
electrolysis makes things corrode.

and i didnt what to hurt your feelings, its already bad enough that you have to ride a yellow bike.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
electrolysis makes things corrode.

and i didnt what to hurt your feelings, its already bad enough that you have to ride a yellow bike.
This is starting to sound like a GoGo/Billym109 post.:joke:

Michael, don't forget that it has 4 spark plugs. Some people think it only has 2.

·
Registered
25 Posts
you guys are too funny

I'm approaching 12K and I need to keep an I on this post:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is starting to sound like a GoGo/Billym109 post.:joke:

Michael, don't forget that it has 4 spark plugs. Some people think it only has 2.
HEY DAVE!! How you doin? Its no GoGo/Billy show, but Pynikal and I have traded jabs before:duck:. Its must be something about those big butt girls (Sumo X rear ends) that gets me all frisky:-*!!! 4 plugs.. roger Cheif.

Pynikal, about my yellow bike....ummmmm:dontknow:... Electrolysis your nose hairs, thats the best I got on short notice.:joke:

Paladin, just saying FLA makes me smile.... but no one does it like TEXAS!!

Ride on.....

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Atleast the Teletubbies are fully clothed when sitting on your bike.

-Josh
:joke::joke::joke:

God Bless Texas:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
HEY DAVE!! How you doin? Its no GoGo/Billy show, but Pynikal and I have traded jabs before:duck:. Its must be something about those big butt girls (Sumo X rear ends) that gets me all frisky:-*!!! 4 plugs.. roger Cheif.

Pynikal, about my yellow bike....ummmmm:dontknow:... Electrolysis your nose hairs, thats the best I got on short notice.:joke:

Paladin, just saying FLA makes me smile.... but no one does it like TEXAS!!

Ride on.....
hmmm thats odd. my nose isnt aluminum, so no electrolysis for me sir.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.