M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too early to bring up Sturgis...? Well, too bad ;) Let's kick off the first Sturgis thread for the board...

I wonder how many of this ever-growing 109 community are planning to make the trip to Sturgis (http://www.sturgismotorcyclerally.com/) this year?

I'm definitely going... Hopefully with an advance guard setting things up before me 8). If it works out, I'll be riding in on the 109 on the 6th or 7th, starting out north on 29 then west on 90. Wondering if anyone else will be using this route? Might be nice to bring in a few 109's as a group and really turn some heads :D

J

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'd say, if you haven't booked a place to stay at this point, it's way too LATE to bring up Sturgis. :confused:

Not too late to plan for 2007, though.

G

·
Lamont and I plan on going again this year. Not sure what bikes we will ride if we keep tearing these apart.

But we are actually going the week before official Sturgis starts to avoid the crowds and find cheap hotels. We should be out there from July 31, Monday to August 4, Friday. Let us know if you will be out there during that period.

8 of us did the trip last year and had a really great time on the entire trip.

And we are bringing about 30 of our closest friends either on the road or in the Sturgis area.

G

·
toneout said:
Looks unbelievable. One day I will make the trek on my M. No trailers.
Its even better than unbelievable.

This year Lamont and I are leaving with a friend from Prescott, Arizona and picking up some folks in Denver. After Sturgis I will ride back to South Florida with a few other people. I calculate the total trip will be about 4,000 miles to 4,500 miles. And I can't wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I plan on being there. I have a buddy who'll be making the ride with me from down here in MS who has family in Custer. We'll probably just stay with them. I've never been before, would it be hard to meet up? I lived in Orlando for a few years and it would have been real tough to meet my friends during daytona if we all didn't know the area.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Only 360 miles away my brother-in-law and myself try to make this trip every year. This year will be no different i am sure, well for me might be a little quicker on my m109
sure hope his Harley can keep up!

"Live to Ride"

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I was going to suggest the "Little Sturgis, KY" rally...but bringing up their website, I got a download trojan alert. :verymad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts