M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to decide if i want to paint mesh on air covers yellow or leave alone opinions needed?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
That looks great. Then throw some white or amber leds behind there and you will be set. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Tough call. As far as the two choices above, I think you should go yellow to make the chrome flames stand out.

However, black, as stated above, would look great as well because the yellow highlights of the flame will really show.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I think the yellow would look good, I have been painting and have mine painted same as the bike. Too many colors for me. I want chrome. blue and some black, that's it LOL

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@JD yeah leds are definitely on the list! @Paladin are you saying paint the mesh black? @cbxer55 not my cup of tea i'm a chrome fanatic and to paint yellow will cost me nothing. all aready have the covers done the one i painted yellow is a damaged one.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
@JD yeah leds are definitely on the list! @Paladin are you saying paint the mesh black? @cbxer55 not my cup of tea i'm a chrome fanatic and to paint yellow will cost me nothing. all aready have the covers done the one i painted yellow is a damaged one.
I was not implying that Corbin is selling them, just that they used them on their model bike. You were asking about whether to paint them yellow, or not. I just provided a picture of a bike with yellow filters for your perusal.

Guess you mis-understood my intentions, no problem though.

As for chrome, there was a time when I hated the stuff. Now my bike is a rolling chrome and polished metal piece of work. Yeah my filters are chrome, but I have Big Airs and they are either chrome or black. And since my bike is silver I'll keep them chrome.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I was not implying that Corbin is selling them, just that they used them on their model bike. You were asking about whether to paint them yellow, or not. I just provided a picture of a bike with yellow filters for your perusal.

Guess you mis-understood my intentions, no problem though.

As for chrome, there was a time when I hated the stuff. Now my bike is a rolling chrome and polished metal piece of work. Yeah my filters are chrome, but I have Big Airs and they are either chrome or black. And since my bike is silver I'll keep them chrome.
Their "model bike" is Screaminyellowzonker's.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[email protected] i agree! i just dont think the chrome mesh gets noticed like the yellow would. @Nemo i agree chrome and yellow and i guess white gonna hold on to the white stripe till i decide to get a custom paint! but i kind like saying its an Le lol. @cbxer55 ok thanks i've seen a few covers that ducks did for guys that were yellow. just wondered the thoughts were between the 2.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
[email protected] i agree! i just dont think the chrome mesh gets noticed like the yellow would. @Nemo i agree chrome and yellow and i guess white gonna hold on to the white stripe till i decide to get a custom paint! but i kind like saying its an Le lol. @cbxer55 ok thanks i've seen a few covers that ducks did for guys that were yellow. just wondered the thoughts were between the 2.
I am the type that loves "depth" on things. With the yellow, it washes out the yellow outline of the flames. If you went yellow, you might want to paint the flame highlights black them to make them "pop" on the cover.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
We never got the yellow 9 over here in the uk,I think it looks awesome
If I were you I'd go yellow with the mesh:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I am the type that loves "depth" on things. With the yellow, it washes out the yellow outline of the flames. If you went yellow, you might want to paint the flame highlights black them to make them "pop" on the cover.
i think i will try that and then black mesh w/yellow outline. only a few bucks for paint and i have the spare cover to experiment on thanks!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
i think i will try that and then black mesh w/yellow outline. only a few bucks for paint and i have the spare to experiment on thanks!
:bigthumbsup: Now I can't wait to see them. I built Len's site and unfortunately have gotten to have to see every duck cover he has ever made. So, instead of being happy with a big air kit, I keep wavering back and forth on making a change. When I am almost happy again, you have to make a post and show off them bad boys and now I am thinking again :doh: :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts