M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bigthumbsup:

Let me say this: I really wanted Jason Z's lowering bones since day one. Very nice, but turn around is not the best... So much demand for very little supply.

Hal and the guys from DLP developed some bones for us that lower the bike 2.75" and they are available and ready fro shipment.
Very nice quality part and Relatively easy to install.

Thanks to Jim the Junk Yard Dog for all his help. He is very experienced at working with bikes and has helped me, Hal and others with many mods. Junk Yard Dog has pioneered many mods in our bikes and you guys have heard of them through other members. He also got some really cool ideas coming in the pipeline for all of us... I won't spoil the surprise, but believe me when I tell you it shall be really cool...

I pondered whether or not to wait the 2 months for Jason Z's 2.5" lowering bones or just to ride 5 minutes and swing by Hal's warehouse...

In Summation: It took me less than ten seconds to decide I did not want to wait, DLP's service and quality are outstanding and Junk Yard Dog is the man!

Pics:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
that is cool!!I'm trying to hold out for Air Ride when I get my Christmas bonus.....but you guys are making me impatient!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tworangerted said:
that is cool!!I'm trying to hold out for Air Ride when I get my Christmas bonus.....but you guys are making me impatient!!
Best mod buck for buck is the bones... can't beat the price compared to other bikes I have owned and I love the new riding position. I don't think I would have much use for the air ride as she sits just where I want her now... :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great! I am considering dem bones as well. I have Jason Z's now but DLP's are lower!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Does it lower the seat much? I mean I know the lowering is affecting the rear of the bike but how much does it affect your overall seat height? I wouldn't mind doing it if it didn't affect my view but it looks like its droppin you a bit. Looks good!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
toneout said:
That looks great! I am considering dem bones as well. I have Jason Z's now but DLP's are lower!
Junk Yard Dog has the Jason Bones on his and mine has DLP's. The difference is about a 1/2" on the wheel well.. I love the looks!!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Falconer said:
Does it lower the seat much? I mean I know the lowering is affecting the rear of the bike but how much does it affect your overall seat height?  I wouldn't mind doing it if it didn't affect my view but it looks like its droppin you a bit.  Looks good!
It lowers the seat a bit... My point of view did not get affected much as i can still see over cars and such, but the big difference for me came where both my feet are firmly planted on the ground when stopped. I had a problem with the side of the exhaust and having to tip toe that side all the time. Not anymore!!!

It also looks great standing still... I had a customer of mine ask me yesterday: "who's chopper is that?" - I proudly said that's my M109R...
:D :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
How much are the ones from DLP? Is there alot of parts to remove from the bike to install them? How long would you say it took you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Delmustator said:
That Red sure is pretty...

The Violet Blue and Red are my favorite colors..
Those are my favorite colors as well... I am so glad I waited... This bike is phenomenal!!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered a set as well, but am a little concerned about dragging pegs and pipes. Looks hands down are fantastic, but that is my only concern. I only ride solo so that would have to help out. I do realize too that lowering the rear 2.75" does not mean that the pegs are lowered that much. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Looks very nice lowered! I also got to see BlkM109r's bike which is also lowered...

The slammed bikes just look way cool, but I ride to hard through the twisties and can't spare any clearance...  :(

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
JUtah said:
Looks very nice lowered! I also got to see BlkM109r's bike which is also lowered...

The slammed bikes just look way cool, but I ride to hard through the twisties and can't spare any clearance... :(
Just slow down a tad and enjoy the view.. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anybody that has lowered their's rode two up yet? Just curious about bottoming out. My wife occasionally..........ok rarely, likes to go for short jaunts around town...I don't want to lower it then have to revert back to stock so she can enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Really like the lowered look  :bigthumbsup: and really looks good in red  :hot: :hot: I may do that mod myself.
Great job

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went with the DLP bones and love them best mod for the money for sure! I went 2 up with my girl the other day and I bottomed out. I'm 165 and she's 120 but I've also bottomed out by myself. The bikes riding position is 100% better than stock though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts