M109 Rider Forums banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well thats what I was thinking, but I am trying to figure out why Poseidon's is clean where the axle shaft goes, and the swampworks looks unfinished. Maybe they changed the design in this area?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well thats what I was thinking, but I am trying to figure out why Poseidon's is clean where the axle shaft goes, and the swampworks looks unfinished. Maybe they changed the design in this area?

I just purchased a swampworks 2 piece swingarm. Andy told me that he no longer provides the caps. He no longer works with the company that made them for him. I was lucky enough to get one from a member here. I totally agree it looks unfinished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I just purchased a swampworks 2 piece swingarm. Andy told me that he no longer provides the caps. He no longer works with the company that made them for him. I was lucky enough to get one from a member here. I totally agree it looks unfinished

I need to follow up with John. He took some measurement from my swing arm at MAM last year and was going to make me some axle caps to take the place of the flat one that came with the swingarm and a matching one for the other side. I'll post more info on it when I hear back from him.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
More then likely you can purchase that cap at Home Depot.

Andy sent me the link to where he bought the caps for his swing arms a while back. It was a a company that made railings for porches, decks, etc. I looked, but I don't think I saved the address. It was for an end cap of a pipe style railing. The one he sent me a link to were brass IIRC. Then you would need to have it powder coated.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Gotcha. I'm pretty sure Home Depot or any other place similar to Depot may carry that. Plumbing section. Possibly hardware. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome bike

Was the triple tree stock or Did it have a diferent degrees triple tree

Finally, Christmas came on April 21st and I got CHROME!!!! :hot::a18::2cool::drool::bigthumbsup::hot:

View attachment 322833

JC at MeanCycles direct shipped my 1.1 front springs to Chip and Andy (Some 9) made new spacers and shipped them to Chip for me. Andy wouldn't even let me reimburse him for shipping, let alone what ever time and money he spent making them for me. This guy never ceases to amaze me with his generosity to the members here!!!

Chip installed the new springs and spacers and shipped my old stock ones back to me.

View attachment 322841

View attachment 322825

Just realized, I hadn't posted any pics of the wheels in this thread yet. They are Xtreme Machine's "Execute" in their Xqusite Cut. I bought these from Coastal Moto. :bigthumbsup:
18x10 rear with a 280 Metz and 18x4.25 front with a 160 Metz. There are more pictures and info in this thread on my wheels if you are interested.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300889

View attachment 322817

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice man! Just got on this forum recently. I live in Glen allen area. Nice to see someone with a bully close by. I'm still learning how to use this lol. But be cool to link up sometime. I think k I may have seen you at a mission bike night not sure. Anyways looks awesome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks! :bigthumbsup:
I think I've read over this post probably 10 times since I last read it - start to finish - Still amazing.

Two questions - I bought the raw design flat leds front and rear just like you (relay and everything) but it seems to flicker the turn indicators in the tach when the bike is running. Did you run into this problem? I might have wired something wrong.

Also, I am going to take apart my forks and either chrome or powdercoat the top piece. Did you take pics of this process or did you just send away to get dismantled?

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Very nice man! Just got on this forum recently. I live in Glen allen area. Nice to see someone with a bully close by. I'm still learning how to use this lol. But be cool to link up sometime. I think k I may have seen you at a mission bike night not sure. Anyways looks awesome.
Thanks! There are several of us in the Richmond area on here. We are putting together a Virginia ride. It is in the Virginia section at the bottom of the main forum page here. Check it out and join us if you are able to.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I think I've read over this post probably 10 times since I last read it - start to finish - Still amazing.

Two questions - I bought the raw design flat leds front and rear just like you (relay and everything) but it seems to flicker the turn indicators in the tach when the bike is running. Did you run into this problem? I might have wired something wrong.

Also, I am going to take apart my forks and either chrome or powdercoat the top piece. Did you take pics of this process or did you just send away to get dismantled?

Cheers!
I didn't have that issue with the signals. Did you change out the turn signal relay for the LED signals?

You will want to get a service manual if you don't already have one. It will make it a lot esier on the disassembly and you will need the torque specs for reassembly. I removed the forks, top and bottom triple tree and sent them out to Chip Simmons at Simmons motor works to have them chromed. He also did the powder coating for me.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Simply OUTSTANDING! Fantastic pictures, great write up, and puts my LE to SHAME lol. Hell I would never go to work, I would just sit around all day looking at her!

Marty
Thanks! I do spend a lot of time admiring! Hahaha. I need to get her out and ride her more often. Been riding the Magnum mostly this year. Just clicked over 10k miles on it last weekend. Won't be a year old until Oct 1st.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Here's my build, 2006 M109R, The Ghost
lookin good Alpine!!! :bigthumbsup:

Welcome aboard! You might want to start a new thread so your post don't get lost in the middle of this one tho. Let us know what all you've done to your 9 in your thread. I like the Busa radiator shroud.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts