M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owe him an apology. I doubted and questioned how he could hit a deer at a speed fast enough to kill it and not dump the bike. I never would have believed it was possible without seeing proof. Well, this video shows it happening to someone else. Pretty impressive to say the least. Again, RKP000, Deerslayer, I am sorry for doubting you.

Here's the video http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1154864257/Deer_Chopper

·
Registered
317 Posts
holy sheet. that would would have scared the crap out of me. its a quick way to make deer jerkie though

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Damn! I was wondering why it was called "deer chopper" because those certainly were NOT choppers! LOL!
That guy must have had a machete tied to his front fender or something. That's some scary sheet!! :eek:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm amazed. A deer ran right into the side of my Porsche at speed last fall. Took off my mirror, broke ALL the driver's side glass, dented in the door and quarter panel -- $6,500 worth of damage.

Moral of the story -- better to hit them -- than to have them hit you!

Local Indian motorcycle dealer here killed a couple of years ago here in MC vs. deer collision.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tomph1 said:
Local Indian motorcycle dealer here killed a couple of years ago here in MC vs. deer collision.
Larry Grodsky, Motorcycle safety expert who wrote Stayin Safe for Rider magazine since 1988, was killed when he struck a deer. That's what had me so skeptical. If a guy that has trained thousands and thousands of people motorcycle safety courses, and religiously wore all safety gear could be killed hitting a deer, it just seemed so improbable that it could be done and not wreck. Here's the link regarding Larry. http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/281-04112006-639510.html

·
Registered
414 Posts
I hit a deer on my Volusia...the deer got up and ran away and the bike did not go down...it was a very small deer, at first I thought it was a dog attack...but the guy in the car behind me told me that it was a small deer...this in the hills of Malibu right a dusk...The only damage was a broken left Mirror and a scuff on my Leathers...OK, there may or may have not been a small stain in my pants...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Medic, for what it's worth....been there, done that...lots.

When I was younger, myself and others noted that I was seldom ever wrong.

In time I became proud of that fact.

It then came to pass that I expended a great deal of energy in being certain I was never wrong.

Thankfully I grew smarter.

I now understand that saying "I am wrong" is the same as saying "Today I am a wiser man".

Crow, the breakfast of wise men everywhere. :super: :super:

LG :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
LionsGate said:

Crow, the breakfast of wise men everywhere. :super: :super:

LG :bigthumbsup:
That's great! Hope you don't mind if I steal that and use it once in a while. I find myself having that for breakfast more often than I care to admit. LOL!
Here's one I used to post when forum arguments got out of hand. :D
I decided to delete the pic. Sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone. ::)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Politically I think there is just something incorrect about that last post... But since I'm not ever planning to be a politician, you'll pardon me while I laugh my a$$ off :D :p 8)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey BlackCherry... Just a forewarning... there are a few people on this forum that are sensitive to stuff like that one you posted. One guy already got raked across the coals for making a comment like that once. Just figured I would let ya know.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yeah well I've grown a pretty thick skin over the years. I have learned to be able to laugh at just about anything and don't take life too seriously. If someones so uptight as to get offended over little stuff like that then that's their problem. Some people just need to chill out and go for a ride.
Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff! :joke: :doorag:
Flame suit on!! :super:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BlackCherry said:
Yeah well I've grown a pretty thick skin over the years. I have learned to be able to laugh at just about anything and don't take life too seriously. If someones so uptight as to get offended over little stuff like that then that's their problem. Some people just need to chill out and go for a ride.
Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff! :joke: :doorag:
Flame suit on!! :super:
Ok, just wanted to prepare you. It's not that they take life too seriously, but there are members here that have special needs kids or family members, so you can see how something like that could hit a little closer to home for them. As long as you are ready though... Plus, I didn't want this thread to turn into a flame war and get locked or deleted.... At least before RKP000 has a chance to see it.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I understand. My sister has a son that is challenged, so it's not like I can't relate or anything.
If anyone is offended because they have children that are challenged I would like to apologize for being insensitive. ;)

G

·
:bigthumbsup:

Medic,

Thanks for the post. It did bother me that you and others doubted me when I said I had hit and killed a deer at about 75MPH on my 109 without going down. I am not the type of guy to BS about something like this. I'd estimate the deer weighed about 150 to 175lbs. She did not break up like the one in the video. How I survived with just some minor leg injuries is a mystery and a blessing. I guess what saved me was never having a chance to hit the brakes like the guy in the video. My fat [email protected]$ and the weight of the bike kept me up.

Thanks again Medic! You Da Man!

Rob

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RKP000 said:
:bigthumbsup:

Medic,

Thanks for the post. It did bother me that you and others doubted me when I said I had hit and killed a deer at about 75MPH on my 109 without going down. I am not the type of guy to BS about something like this. I'd estimate the deer weighed about 150 to 175lbs. She did not break up like the one in the video. How I survived with just some minor leg injuries is a mystery and a blessing. I guess what saved me was never having a chance to hit the brakes like the guy in the video. My fat [email protected]$ and the weight of the bike kept me up.

Thanks again Medic! You Da Man!

Rob
When I know I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
GIVES ME HOPE...PROVES YOU JUST HAVE TO FOCUS ON KEEPING THE BIKE STEADY AND NOT DO SOME CRAZY SWERVE. WE ROAD THREE HUNDRED MILES ON THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY TODAY AND I SAW A TOTAL OF NINE DEER ON THE SHOULDER. NO ACCIDENTS THOUGH. HAD TO SLAM ON THE BRAKES PRETTY HARD ONE TIME.

G

·
Man I just want to say thats nuts, saw a guy roll over a dog without going over and every time I see him it still amazes me!!! now a deer 150-170lbs..... WOW!!! that is amazing!!! :bow: :bow:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts