M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sucks, I just picked up my new black 109 a couple days ago and only have 200 miles on it. I already have about a 2 inch screw stuck in my rear tire. My question is will it be ok to patch this tire or do I need to buy a new one. With only 200 miles I really dont wanna get a new one. Just like to get some opinions before I make up my mind. Definitely loving the bike though.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm sure the consensus will be to replace the tire. Obviously your life and safety are more important than the roughly $200.00 or so that a new rear tire will set you back. If it was my choice, I have replaced them in the past and would do it again. I normally keep a spare set of tires around in case of a flat so I don't miss any prime riding time. I'd strongly recommend you do just that. Having said that, I've ridden with people who have pulled the tire off the rim, patched it and squeezed some extra miles out of it who are no worse for the choice.
Whatever you decide, don't try to plug it.
Jerbear

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I would replace it. The tires integrity is compromised once it is patched. You don't want to depend on a patch when you are out on that long ride at the end of the day. Having said that patches do work and I'm sure you will get some people on this board telling you to patch it and 4get about it. But you will always be thinking about that patch every time you throw your leg over the beast to take her for a ride. Change it up and take a look at hte Metzlaer tires they are top shelf

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, thanks guys, I think I will just replace it and keep this one for a spare or something. I think i'm gonna go a bit wider and order the dunlop 250. Now is the back wheel pretty easy to get off. After reading the owners manual, it doesn't look to difficult

·
Registered
178 Posts
Liquid nails a round 18" mirror to a 18" round piece of plywood w/ tabs on the back ( to keep the mirror form falling out) and hang it on a hook on your wall !!!

Instant Bachelor pad furniture !!
:bigthumbsup:

-Chad

·
Registered
525 Posts
Why stack the odds against you that are pretty high to start with? I'd go pick me out a nice new tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.