M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had these made and I am afraid that if I get them chromed that it will almost double the price. I put them on my bike and they look good as is. What do you think? As Is or Chrome?

7 pieces are included and they are all CNC billet. I could sell all 7 pieces in a kit (no chrome) for $125.00. If I chrome them the kit price will almost double.

Front axle covers-both sides
Rear axle covers-both sides
Top fork tube covers-both centers
Middle stem bolt cover

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I feel it would be nice to have the chrome option. If you are worried about getting stuck with stock because of a minimum order just do a pre order until you get the required amount of orders then release them in batches. every body's happy and i know i for one wont mid the extra cost if it pays for itself with looks. :bigthumbsup:

ps i would love to see some pics of them on the bike.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I would like to have a set of them. Hey Hal, why not have another contest for a free set??? :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics on bike:

Right rear axle cap

Left fork tube cover with stem cap in background

Left rear axle cap

Front axle cap

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hal,
do you have pics of them installed on your bike? That might help some in seeing what they look like without chrome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chevyguy_72 said:
Hal,
do you have pics of them installed on your bike? That might help some in seeing what they look like without chrome.
Post up above. Posted at same time as you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chevyguy_72 said:
Hal,
do you have pics of them installed on your bike? That might help some in seeing what they look like without chrome.
He beat you to the punch.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would be interested in chrome. Maybe do half chrome and have not so the customer has the option :dontknow:

sh

·
Registered
407 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Post up above. Posted at same time as you.
M109R Fan said:
He beat you to the punch.. :bigthumbsup:
Great Minds....

I think they look good and match well. All except for that exhaust side axle but that will very per bike.Â
Next question
are these going to need to be polished to keep looking like this or are they coated in something?

By the way that rear wheel is wicked. If i have not said that before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chevyguy_72 said:
Great Minds....

I think they look good and match well. All except for that exhaust side axle but that will very per bike.Â
Next question
are these going to need to be polished to keep looking like this or are they coated in something?

By the way that rear wheel is wicked. If i have not said that before.
Some hand polishing would help get them shiny and help them shine longer.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
After looking at the pics i would like a mix. chrome for the weel caps and like they are for fork caps as i am chroming my wheels and hub and leaving risers and forks as they are.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Folks,,

I purchased the polished BIG AIR kit from Hal. I was planning on powder coating it or some other coating. But when I test fitted it on the bike and stepped back to see how it looked. I loved the polished aluminum look! It does not take away from the bike color or the amount of chrome on the bike. I decided to keep it AS-IS for a few days and see if I found anything I didn't like about it. It's been on the bike now for a couple of months. I get nothing but good comments on it.

Your right, once you put so much chrome on the bike. It does not have that muscle look anymore. It looks like just another chromed out bike.

I for one would prefer to keep them AS-IS and polish them if you want more shine. This will keep the cost down as well.

2 cents....

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hal,

IMO leave them as they are, you could polish them.

C-One

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
aluminum if not coated with a clear coat will oxidize (aluminum's version of rusting) and turn a chalky white. They need to be clear coated to retain that fresh look.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts