M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's running Avon cobras? and how do you like them? Mileage? Wear? Dry and wet grip? I've had two sets of OEM's, 1 set of e3's and currently running on a set of Metz's which are showing a lot of wear. I'm still looking for that perfect set of tires .....

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i had a set of avons on my first 9. the rear was gone in about 4000 miles but on the other hand i had about 9000 on the front and it still had a lot of life left when i wrecked the bike. i really cant say anything bad about them. they handled great but for the price i probably wont buy the rear again.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a set of avons on my first 9. the rear was gone in about 4000 miles but on the other hand i had about 9000 on the front and it still had a lot of life left when i wrecked the bike. i really cant say anything bad about them. they handled great but for the price i probably wont buy the rear again.
Thanks, My biggest issue is the front tire so I might mismatch a set...

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Tiny71 is on his third set, I believe.:bigthumbsup:

I have to say that I was impressed the way the back tire wore. On my E3 I have a big flat spot in the middle. And our roads are not straight here.:dontknow: But his Avon has a perfect roundness to it still. He will be able to tell you more though..:doorag:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts