M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my usual walk around this morning before heading out and thought I haven't check the tire pressure in a week or so and both tires where low. Remember to make it a practice during your walk around before any trip. You'd be supprised want a few pounds of air does to your ride.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
check mine once a week...my front was off 7 lbs and 3 in the rear since it's got cool.

Got the digital model...supposedly accurate.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Austin,

In the MSF course they teach that this is extremely IMPORTANT since we are riding on only two tires, if we have a blowout it will be bad.

Thanks for the reminder :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:, I bet if 10 people checked their tires, 7 or 8 have improper readings.

Apollo

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
This is were nitrogen in tires comes in handy...nitrogen, being a larger molecule does not bleed thru butyl rubber as easily as air. I run this in my truck and have only lost 2lbs in 10 months and tires tend to run cooler also.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks Austin! I haven't checked mine since I purchased the Bike in May. My front was 26.5 and the back was 36.5. Thanks for the reminder - great post!

·
Registered
237 Posts
My rear tire was right on the money but the front was down 6 psi. ::) Thanks for the reminder!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I live in edmonton alberta canada...it is available at most tire stores here and some car dealerships. I do understand the initial machine is quite expensive for some small shops--but the bigger boys should carry it. I had to pay 20.00 bucks at first to get all the air purged and nitrogen installed but there after, top ups are free. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Costco uses nitrogen to fill up tires they sell. The would probably fill it for you.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
one time my tires got low, and it made my bike roll. since the kickstand sucks, my bike fell over. unfortunately, it landed on the JSD, and that made my tank explode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts