M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow:Whats a good place to buy Metzler 280rear tire and 170/60r17front and Dyna beads. Can the Local Suzuki Dealer mount a 280tire on a 10 1/2 in. rim ,and install Dyna Beads?:doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
:dontknow:Whats a good place to buy Metzler 280rear tire and 170/60r17front and Dyna beads. Can the Local Suzuki Dealer mount a 280tire on a 10 1/2 in. rim ,and install Dyna Beads?:doorag:
I would think that Google will help you out on finding the best prices. As far as if your local shop for install of a 280. You would have to call them and see if that have the know how and equipment to do it.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
ZZUKE10, go to www.americanmototire.com. They are located in Arizona. I bought my Metz tires from them, and they were less than any other place I could find. Shipping was about $18 and I received them within 5 business days. As for the dyna beads, I have several packages in my garage. You can have a couple for your new tires. In the future, if/when you need by to some new dyna beads, buy them from DLP. They don't cost much at all, and you will get them within 3 to 5 business days as long as they have them in stock.

BCRUZN

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
find a custom motorcycle place to mount that tire to be safe.... and its a 10 inch rim... not too many dealers have the ability to mount a 280/300 tire on a 10 inch rim.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Is that a custom wheel on the front?
ZZUKE10 is a good friend of mine, and we try to ride as much as possible together with another mutual friend/rider who is also a member of this forum. His front and rear wheel set is custom. However, his front wheel is a 17" wheel instead of an 18" wheel.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Also you may find that your local Suzuki dealer will mount tires purchased other than from them. So you may have to hunt around to find someone who will install internet purchased tires. The dealers all seem to love to wave the liability flag. So they wont touch anything not bought from them. So you need to find a Motorcycle mechanic or custom shop... they should hook you up. The Dyna Beads aren't hard to install I took mine to a place who had never done them before and by the time they were done they really liked the idea. In fact it was kinda funny. I got the Dyna Beads at a scooter shop and went across town to get my tries installed at a motorcycle shop that sold all of these nightmare off brand Korean motorcycles that almost look like a Vrod but not quite... brands like Hyosung... etc. But the result... was exceptional.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Soon I will have a Metz 280 for sale with less than 600 miles (I'm going to the 300mm club) pm me if interested!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts