M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an elite 3 dunnie put on about 3 months ago and it looks odd where the edge of the rim meets the tire. It seems like there is more of the top edge of the rim exposed than on the sportmax, it looks to be about 1/4 versus 1/8 or so on the other. I rode about 8 miles on a flat tire back in june but the guy at the dealer said the rim looked fine I'm thinking that the tire wasn't made right.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Some tires have more rubber molded in them at the area where the bead meets the wheel , to protect the edge of the wheel from things like curbs, rocks and other hard objects ;) . Pics would be nice though so we could see what you are talking about.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bonehead said:
Some tires have more rubber molded in them at the area where the bead meets the wheel , to protect the edge of the wheel from things like curbs, rocks and other hard objects ;) . Pics would be nice though so we could see what you are talking about.
Thanks for the reply.s I just don't like the way the wheel looks. As far as pictures go I don't have a camera and I wouldn't know how to put it on here if I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts