M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier in the week my 109 started to spit oil and coolent again. I spent all day today removing the side panels. fuel tank and air boxes. The mess under the tank and on the left side of the engine was $%@&* up. I cleaned the air filter and housing again tightend all the clamps on the coolent lines until my back ached. I have no idea how long it took me to clean everything up.

Does anyone have an idea why oil is being spit out the air box under the tank? Right now I don't feel like removing it, but if I have to I will. The oil has not been touched since there was 2600 miles on the bike. Now it has 4300 miles.

Reed

·
Registered
443 Posts
:read: :read:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there is oil coming out of the air box or tube it would have to be over filled I would think. Mine did it, but only after I had run it real hard for about 100 miles. It took 400 miles before it did it though. The coolant is a well documented problem that has been talked about here. There seem to be loose connections from the factory. If you do a search I am sure you will find plenty of pictures, how to and such about the coolant leak situation. Hal just had the problem on his trip.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sorry, I must have hit the wrong key. What I wanted to say. Some of the coolant line clamps are too large (diameter). Change them to the correct size. If you are too high on your oil level, it will puke down the left side. If you're riding easy, it may not, but if you get on it hard, it will. Check your oil level ACCORDING TO THE MANUAL. :read: :read: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd take it back to the dealer and leave it in front of the service bay until it gets fixed.............for free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went through the oil level thing with my dealer five times before they got it right. I have gone almost 2000 miles since that last oil change. Why would it start up again? Tomorrow I am going to remove the tank again, remove all the lines and pull the air canaster. That is where the oil is coming from. I will keep in touch.

Reed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts