M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how much wider that Metz 260 is than stock Dunlop ?

Is it noticeable ? I know that 280 kit looks awsome ! but i like the stock wheel design. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
the Stock tire is the dunnie 240, then comes the Metz 260, then the dunnie 250 is the widest on the stock wheel.
And if you ask real nice Lamont and Hal will make you a chrome 280 kit that mimicks the stock wheel. Except that it's chrome.

Sledzep

On Edit....
HEY! How did I get to be superman on the right? Top contributing??? I think Lamont lowered his standards or looked in my closet at my blue and red suits...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
CC Rider said:
So the Metz is smaller than the stock Dunlop ? :mad:

That stock Dunlop is the largest tire you can put on the stock wheel ? :eek:
Stock Dunnie D221, 240.......9.5 inches wide

Dunnie Elite 3, 250.......10 inches wide

Metz ME880, 260........9 and 7/8 inches wide

Avon Venom R, 250.......10 inches wide

All of the tires listed will fit the 8.5 in wide stock rim and no mods to the swing arm are required.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ppridgen1 said:
lol blue and red suits......any how the standard 280 tire kit is made to look like the stock rim and comes either in powder coated or chrome...isn't that :super: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Awsome !!! That would be cool ! Then just send out front wheel to be chromed ! That 280 definitly looks better , under that phat azz !

Any word on HOW MUCH ?

Thanks all ! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bob109 said:
Stock Dunnie D221, 240.......9.5 inches wide
 Â
            Dunnie Elite 3, 250.......10 inches wide

Metz ME880, 260........9 and 7/8 inches wide

Avon Venom R, 250.......10 inches wide

All of the tires listed will fit the 8.5 in wide stock rim and no mods to the swing arm are required.
Thanks Bro :bigthumbsup: Appreciate the breakdown ! :read:

G

·
Yep,,still have to get my 260 ordered and guess I'll Have to get a vid of the old tire burnin to the ground.. :D and maybe a few good launches,,just for fun... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I put over 300 miles (and didn't even leave the state - Texas is big baby!) on my Metz260 today - no real signicant diff which is not a problem - about 60% highway miles- the rest hill country roads - up to 120mph a few times. It just felt great to get back on the road.

I really dig its tread pattern.

side note: The flame grip Kury grips made a world of difference to me with the "cushy" feel and the larger diameter as my hands are fairly large (that's what she said) Super Mod....Have a great weekend everyone.......

Black in the saddle again!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sledzep01 said:
the Stock tire is the dunnie 240, then comes the Metz 260, then the dunnie 250 is the widest on the stock wheel.
And if you ask real nice Lamont and Hal will make you a chrome 280 kit that mimicks the stock wheel. Except that it's chrome.

Sledzep

On Edit....
HEY! How did I get to be superman on the right? Top contributing??? I think Lamont lowered his standards or looked in my closet at my blue and red suits...
Yeah right !.........Ask real nice ?  ::)........AND INCLUDE ...... $2,350+...........May take awhile for that one :(.........

LOOKSÂ AWSOME THOUGHÂ Â :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts