M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a screw in rear tire last week. Called dealer who ordered new tire.
Had it mounted today and the bill was $0.00! The 5 year protection Plan which I purchased for $199 might be the best deal I've gotten lately.
Dealer took it on himself to order the Metzler 880 in 240 size. Should have pushed for bigger.
Anyhow, I've used Metzlers for many years and found them to be great.
This plan will pay for any flat replacement as long as tire has not gone into wear indicators. I think it's 3/32 minimum and who would ride on less than 3/32 on rear anyhow.
Since I've just run 2500 mi on the Dunlops I should be able to give a pretty good report (after the wax wears off) on how the Metzler stacks up against the Dunlop.
Bradbike

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have used the Metzler Marathons for years and they are a good long lasting tire. for those without any experience on them I would recommend even after you slowly scrub it in to get the mold release agent off the tire that you warm it up the first few miles before you do any corner carving as they need a little heat built up to stick good. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the plan from dealer. It's described in the extended warranty leaflet.
I think the standard price for it is $299 though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the plan along with extended warranty at dealer when I bought bike.
It was written up in a nice tri-fold brochure. Don't know the actual company but it was Suzuki sponsored.
Reg price 299 for 5 yrs. I got mine for 199.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am told western has a plan similar to Suzuki Protection plan that cost 100 less About 500 depending on your dealer..

That plan covers tires and all others that Suzuki also covers! Probably a better deal since for another 300 you get a full coverage!

I didn't get the plan yet as I am trying to find out if there are any better protection plans and if infact it's worth it! This being a first year production I am assuming there maybe more problems and that is something we should look into, for the ones like me that aren't the type that would take the whole bike apart ala lamonster! :doorag:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I didn't get this plan as it wasn't offered to me when I purchased the bike, but couldn't you get an unfortunate nail or screw in your tire every few months and keep new tires on at all times?

G

·
Well,,,I have the road hazard tire plan(classic) and need to use it,,as I've got a big wood screw in the rear yesterday...I called the 1-866 number for pre approval ,as stated on the contract.They told me,,,I have a re-reimbursement plan...I pay for everything,,,get a claim form(in the mail 7 to 10 buss days) fill it out,,,send it in,,and they will approve or Deny the claim...and if approved,,they'll cut me a check....Geez,,,that is not what I was told by the selling dealer.... No,out of pocket money..Of course this is the same dealer,,I'm having difficulties with...Now what...any ideas?man it nevers ends... :eek: ::) :evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts