M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the differance between these 2 tires ???
i did a search but didnt find much info.

Metzeler me880 260
vs
Dunlop Elite 250

how wide are the 2 tires ?
which one has better wear ?

which one is better on a oem rear rim :dontknow:

:pop:

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,758 Posts
You're about to get slammed.

There are literally dozens of posts with these exact details.

In short, the 250 is wider than the 260. The 260 is softer, so it's a little grippier but won't last as long. Many people run the Dunlop on the back with a Metz in front (including me) with no ill effects. If you want to see the 250 mounted, I live in Marietta.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i dont mind getting slammed.:bow:

im just lazy i guess.:bigthumbsup:

as of now, i pick up my new to me 109r wensday.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
If you ride the twisties hard and frequent got the Metzler. I and most run the E3 250. The Dunlop is a slightly wider tire.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i used to like the twisties when i first got my 2nd 600 sportbike, but in my area there are to many knuckle heads that you cant really enjoy a nice twistie ride anymore.

I have a group of guys from work that plan big rides once a month. we roll out with 15-20 people. last year we did a 300 mile ride to muncy & back. while there we toured a poptart factory.

next friday we are heading to aberdeen md to the tank museum.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
In short, the 250 is wider than the 260. The 260 is softer, so it's a little grippier but won't last as long.
:agree:he said it all in a nutshell. if you run the twisties get the metz 260. if you do longer laid-back rides with groups of riders, get the 250. in all honesty, you can't go wrong with either tire since both are very good. just depends on what type of riding you will be doing that will determine which you should get. metz cost is a little more also. good luck. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
i used to like the twisties when i first got my 2nd 600 sportbike, but in my area there are to many knuckle heads that you cant really enjoy a nice twistie ride anymore.

I have a group of guys from work that plan big rides once a month. we roll out with 15-20 people. last year we did a 300 mile ride to muncy & back. while there we toured a poptart factory.

next friday we are heading to aberdeen md to the tank museum.
Bang for the buck, get the Dunlops.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
I'm on my second set of Dunlop E3's. Can't beat the 11,000 to 12,000 miles you get out of them for the price. And the improvement in looks and handling over the stockers.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I agree with Zoom and Ryno on this. Also with what Pete said. It really does depend on how aggressive you are as a rider and also how much you have to spend.

·
Registered
766 Posts
You're about to get slammed.

There are literally dozens of posts with these exact details.

In short, the 250 is wider than the 260. The 260 is softer, so it's a little grippier but won't last as long. Many people run the Dunlop on the back with a Metz in front (including me) with no ill effects. If you want to see the 250 mounted, I live in Marietta.
hey thanks for all that advise.. i was going to get the metzeler one but I guess it is definitely the dunlop for the rear. and will follow your advise and put a metz on front. or just go dunlop all the way..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts