M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4k on my tire and heading on a 4k round trip...any thoughts on if I should worry. Its the factory tire I got my 109 in October with zero miles on it...Tire looks good in my opinion. Had a guy tell me today that I should keep a eye on it. Doing a search now on tire life...or miles on factory tire.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
it depends on how hard you ride. some guys have gotten 10K out of their stockers. mine first one was gone in under 6K. personally, i like to feel the torque of the bike. i think if this stock rear makes it to 5K it will be a miracle. i would also think that if you take off easy and dont twist the throttle too hard you just might make it to 8 or 9K without any problems.
all of that being said, if i was going on a 4000 mile trip and i had 4000 on my rear tire i would be buying a tire before i left or i would be prepared to buy a tire while i was gone.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mine has 2200 on it and it has me wondering i like alot of throttle at the stop lights :) but i can probaly get another 500 out of mine

·
Registered
712 Posts
I replace mine at 8,000+, they probably have another 3,000 available. Keeping them around as spares. I like the stockers personally, seems like everyone else on the site has nothing but negative comments on them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'd just say if it's concerning you with it's "view" and/or it's handling.. i'd change it... otherwise, getcho roll on.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I had almost 11k on my stickers when I took them off. They still had some life left, but I was putting on chrome wheels and did not see the sense in putting on tires with just a little bit more life on them.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
5200 miles for me on my stockers. They still had some life but the front was cupped so bad it was getting noisy, and you could feel it vibrate through the bars when cornering.

Check your front tire closely for cupping. Once it starts it just gets worse. Hopefully you've read on here about keeping 42 psi in them so they don't cup.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I changed mine at 10K as I was on a trip thru Colorado and didnt feel like risking it once I got there. Local Dealer there hooked me up. 2nd stock only lasted 4k - got a 280 metz on it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts