M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a small town in central illinois. I don't think any dealer within 100 miles of me have ever sold, let alone worked on an M109r. Every mod that I have done, I have done myself using all the recomendations from this website since I have owned the bike. I actually purchased the bike in chicago. So after talking to suzuki dealers near me, I do not have much faith in their mechanics ability's. The bike only has 6800 miles on it and the rear tire is like a slick. The front tire has dimples in it, not sure if this is what you would call cupping. After reading the forums and picking a suzuki dealer locally that I was comfortable with, I chose (and per their recomendation) the elite III's. He has called me today and said the rear tire will not bead up properly. He said that he has called suzuki and dulop both. He said dulop could not tell him if there was anything different between the elite III's or the maxsport and it should work. Suzuki stated he should only buy the original tires from them (they are crazy if they think I will pay that for tires). I suggested he order another elite to try, maybe the one he got was defective. But after reading some more forums, I am thinking of the metz tires and going with the 160 on the front. Of course the next dilema is they don't want to put anything but the stock size on the bike. The issue's of living in a Rural area!!!!! I guess the only real question now after venting is, has anyone experienced this beading problem. Thanks

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I actually just went through this myself last Friday. I mounted my own Avon Cobra 250 and the bead wouldn't seat. I kept having to break it back down and lubricate the bead and the rim until it finally popped. It took all that and 60 psi to seat the bead. THEN it started bubbling at the bead. Turns out, if you get enough left over dynabeads together, they like to let air bubbles out!! Had to break the bead AGAIN!! It's a bit of a pain sometimes, but a competent tire installer should be able to get the job done.

-Josh

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
I've mounted two sets of the E3 250's on mine and both beaded out just fine. They need to have some lube (I use 50/50 dish soap and water) and enough pressure.

Gotta agree with gottattooz about watching out for the dyna beads too. My last set had a couple get caught under the bead when I tried to pout them in when the tire was mounted on one side. I ended up taking it back off, cleaning the beads back out, and adding them after it was on the rim and beaded out once. I usually inflate them until they bead out, then deflate them and inflate them again anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Is this a normal issue or is there some kind of difference in dimension from the suzuki stock maxsport tire and other aftermarket tires? The dealer called me again today and said the stock size metz only has a 130 speed rating and is actually made for a gold wing. He does not want to put that tire on the front since the speed ratings don't match. I am so frustrated by now, I have told him to put the stock tires back on and if I was'nt at work, I would be at the yamaha dealer right now trading. Thanks

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Dealers can be frustrating...mine was the same at the beginning,wanting to do everything there way with there parts...when I finally had enough I went to the service manager and asked if he road a nine...no was his reply..asked if any of his technicians did,again no...so I punched up the 109 forum and asked to check what the riders of this bike were up to....told him 14-15 thousand 9 riders can't all be wrong can they...never had a problem since...now if I do go back for anything,I tell him what I want and for him to check the forum if he has any questions....oh ya,call me when it's done...:evil: but as I learn more about this bike from everyone here,over the last year I have tried a few things on my own,and I must say that is rewarding too...sounds like your service manager needs to be reminded customer is :bow: KING...!!!:bow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts