M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an easy way to get the jack under a lowered bike (also good for oil changes).

G

·
So what keeps the bike upright? Does the kickstand reach? I usually just ride up on a 2 x 4. That works fine for me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rolling the bike near the top as shown in th pic, the kickstand stills works (bike will probably lean too far over if you go to the top of ramp).
Another good thing about this is that the bottom is rubber, so the ramp won't move when you roll the bike onto it (a problem when you use a 2 x 4). I got these on sale at Kragen for $29 for a pair. With this ramp, I can just push the bike up the ramp with the motor off.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have a Craftman Cycle Lift and I use three pieces of pine 2X10's! I pre-position them on my garage floor ahead of each tire and the kickstand and then drive the bike on! The lift fits easily! I also use this method when changing oil and have plenty of room for turning the filter wrench and removing drain plugs. The entire bike is level and just as stable as if it were on the floor. Those with lowered bikes may have to double the boards!

·
Registered
371 Posts
hey katz i was at harbor frieght, the bike jack i have is to tall so, i got this one from harbor and it was only 79.00 it is only 2.50'' tall at the rails

1 - 5 of 5 Posts