M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I looked like an old woman riding along, fat dumb and happy, with my turn signals blinking throughout the day (so to speak).
Some bikes have a time relay that turns the blinkers off after some time and some distance travelled. Can´t this be installed on the 109?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Self Cancelling turn signals are one the things I miss most in the 109. I know there are some aftermarket kits, I just wish Suzuki had included this feature. Probably was a cost cutting measure to keep the price down.

G

·
I am with you guys. I really miss not having that feature. All of my previous bikes have had it and I have really had to work hard at remembering to turn those suckers off. There is another thread going on right now about a couple of aftermarket modules that will take care of it. I am seriously thinking about it. One of the nice things I saw with one of them was that it has a built in load equalizer so that if you plan on putting LED signals on it would take care of them as well as turning off your turn signals.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've got a friend that installed a electric "beeper" on his turn signal circut. It's just loud enough that you will notice it. He got it at radio shack. I'll ask him how to wire it in. Works pretty neet! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I put Kisan SignalMinders on my both of my VTX1800Cs because of the poor turn signal blinker location. The M109R location of the blinker is better than the VTX though. I don't think that Kisan makes one for the 109 yet ---> http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4

Carl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where would a cheap person go to get a copy of the electrical prints for this bike? It's conceivable that a 555 timer, resistors, capacitors and a board mount relay would do the trick. Could make it stay on while the clutch was engaged and then auto off after a predetermined time when the clutch was disengaged. Very small. Anybody? Hello, anybody? Damn, no one ever listens to me. :dontknow: :joke:

·
Registered
844 Posts
PudexiM: I don't know the answer to your question --

BUT there are two after market Signal cancelling units out there for the M109. Search under "Self-cancelling turn signals (new)"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Even HD puts them on the Sporty. It can't cost that much. You figure with the other things Suzuki focuses on like the Kickstand and having to hold in the clutch etc... a little turn signal cancel would be a snap. But each bike brand has its own quirks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts