M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be traveling to the US next week and I want to order up some replacement tires for my bike.

My 9 has 16,000Kms on it on the original tires and they're starting to look worn and dry to me.

I am interested in the combo most people are running, I just want to make sure its the righ tones

Dunlop Elite 3 250 for the back
..... Which one is best for the front? Looking for the 160 that fits "perfectly" under the fender and makes the ride better!

Also, who has the best price on the combo in the US right now? Ill be driving them back up to Canada to avoid shipping...

Thanks!
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
M109 tires in canada

Hello there i'm doing the same thing,looking at getting my tires in canada.There's a place in Halifax Nova Scotia that ships for free, look at there prices.I live in northern British Columbia and can't make it to the states.Going with metzeler 880 160 front and 260 rear seems that this sit has alot of 109s using that combo

http://www.discountmotorcycletires.ca/

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright so we are looking at 210 for the back dunny and 208 or the front metz. Thats about $450 dollars after taxes (I dont know what percent they use but I estimated)

Even with shipping being free thats still expensive I think. I am pretty sure in the US you can get that combo for somewhere around $180-$260 I think, someone correct me if I am wrong. Thats still half price!

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Alright so we are looking at 210 for the back dunny and 208 or the front metz. Thats about $450 dollars after taxes (I dont know what percent they use but I estimated)

Even with shipping being free thats still expensive I think. I am pretty sure in the US you can get that combo for somewhere around $180-$260 I think, someone correct me if I am wrong. Thats still half price!
Haven't seen em that cheap for the set anywhere. You find that price let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you're traveling to the US how do you expect to retrieve the tires once here? I suggest you find a member in the state where you're going and have the tires shipped to them. The best prices for the elite are from jackwilson.com and you can even find a coupon for an additional $20.00 off. The front 160 I received from DLP after a price match from bike bandit. If you use the search you will find tons of info on this. Good luck in your travels.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're traveling to the US how do you expect to retrieve the tires once here? I suggest you find a member in the state where you're going and have the tires shipped to them. The best prices for the elite are from jackwilson.com and you can even find a coupon for an additional $20.00 off. The front 160 I received from DLP after a price match from bike bandit. If you use the search you will find tons of info on this. Good luck in your travels.
Ill be staying at my parents house in North Carolina (Near Raleigh) I wanted to ship the tires to them and drive them back in my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts