M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow:Hey Guys, ive been riding for a few years but never a vtwin. Ive noticed kinda a ticking noise coming from the motor, more noticable when moving. Is this normal with the BEAST. She runs great, just that little tick.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've been experiencing the same noise on my bike for some time now. Valves checked out at 14,500 miles O.K. Runs like a champ. Not been able to pin it down.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think what you are hearing is the solenoid that fires the fuel injectors. If you lift the hood of your car and listen, you will hear a bunch of clicking coming from the injectors. The injectors on your bike do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, ok I feel a Little better now that im not the only one.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the same exact thing. In the beginning I worried about it as it is definitely noticable, especially with your helmet on. Please put your mind at ease my friend, mine does the same thing and runs strong.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
My 06 M109R does it, as does my wifes 06 M50.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
My wife's S50 ticks and it's not even fuel injected. Most likely you're hearing either clutch noise, fuel injectors, or something other mechanical in the engine. There's a lot of stuff turning in there to make noises.

Mine does it too, along with a whine in the lower gears at slow cruising speeds. It's been doing it for 3 1/2 years.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Thats what my clicking is

and I didnt hear it much till I put the K&N's in. More free flowing area and noise can get out easier as well, I hear my injectors, No prob, just gas it more so all you hear is the exhaust LOL
I think what you are hearing is the solenoid that fires the fuel injectors. If you lift the hood of your car and listen, you will hear a bunch of clicking coming from the injectors. The injectors on your bike do the same thing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I didn't hear it until I read this thread. Thanks guys! :joke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts