M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,436 Posts
I was going to suggest contacting Thunder directly but I can't find them online. Lots of places sell their intakes but they either don't exist as a separate company or they don't want to be found. Silicone may be your best bet.
Welcome to the forum, and good luck on finding your seals.

·
Registered
2008 M109R
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to suggest contacting Thunder directly but I can't find them online. Lots of places sell their intakes but they either don't exist as a separate company or they don't want to be found. Silicone may be your best bet.
Welcome to the forum, and good luck on finding your seals.
I tried finding them myself but I seen on here a couple people say they’re not in business no more

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I tried finding them myself but I seen on here a couple people say they’re not in business no more
Thunder Mfg is out of business. They were located in Phoneix, AZ. Not sure what happened but went by there shop a few times when I was living in Phoenix and their place was all closed up. I have the same intakes. I would take that plate off and head down to a Ace hardware or even a H.D. and see if you can match it up. Its pretty thick and gets really squished down after a while. If you can't find any to work, then I would used a bead of clear silicone to fill the gap in.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Ace Hardware does have a large selection of o-rings. That would work if you can find one of the proper size.

Reactions: Roger18

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you can't find a suitable O ring , you can make one out of silicone. You squeeze a bead out of the tube , in the appropriate diameter , into a bowl of water. The silicone will float on the surface and maintain the round profile it came out of the tip of the tube. Leave it floating until dry , then cut to length and glue the ends together with a dab of silicone and you have an O ring.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
If you can't find a suitable O ring , you can make one out of silicone. You squeeze a bead out of the tube , in the appropriate diameter , into a bowl of water. The silicone will float on the surface and maintain the round profile it came out of the tip of the tube. Leave it floating until dry , then cut to length and glue the ends together with a dab of silicone and you have an O ring.
Very interesting. Might just try that for the fun of it.

Reactions: Joe RC51
1 - 8 of 8 Posts