M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

Here are some pics of the Thunder Tornado on my 109r, we are very close and will have the first CNC prototypes next week or so. We made some changes and some corrections.

Check out the pics.

Chime in.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
can't wait. i went to their site and checked out their models the other day. i prefer the ones that don't look like dildos.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Any plans on opening up some of that cone a little more? I see there is a opening on the bottom, any more cut outs planned?

·
Registered
209 Posts
J R said:
Nice,cool ,good work :bigthumbsup: .....and not the dildo looking thing.
Lol I was thinking the same thing but thought that sounded a little mean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J R said:
Nice,cool ,good work :bigthumbsup: .Can I get one with just an aircleaner on the end ? kinda a raw racing look like the K-N,s with the top that also flows air thru it ( cant think of the name right now) and not the dildo looking thing.I just want the tube and some aircleaners wide open out in the wind ;) But it does look nice.Im just seeing what the options are :bigthumbsup: Hopefully I can get two of those tubes and a couple aircleaners without the cover and ill be happy :bigthumbsup:

Edit or a RAM AIR set up would be sweet :bigthumbsup: Nice work and good pic,s and great results with the dyno. I think thats for me there :bigthumbsup: Just without the cover on the aircleaner it looks like somthing people might make jokes about :joke: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?action=category&id=2

Go here you will be able to purchase any of these and bolt it to the airbox.

I like the tornado with the flames cut out, but people tend to start squaking about rain and water so I grabbed the all weather cover for the tornado filter. The Tornado has the most air ram affect.

I have been speaking with Dave about a intake that is just a pipe and putting the filter in the air box, he is reviewing the filters available from K&N and we will see what we can come up with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J R said:
I do think theres a market out there for that aircleaner.I saw some gals drivin harleys tonight at the bike night deal that looked like they would like one on there bike :eek:
Nice!!

Enough already.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I like the looks of the hurricane over the tornado and I see that we can probably do a hypercharger too.

They day these are up I am ordering mine.

·
Registered
849 Posts
It looks like Thunder and Lamont both may have some options for us soon. I'm looking forward to the HP figures. I am getting real ready.
Jer

·
Registered
752 Posts
The open tornado is cool. It just looks a little unfinished to me in comparison to the rest of the bike. If I had a chopper or something a little more retro cruiser.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ITguy said:
I took a look at their site and would have to go with one of the following:Â Tornado w/o phallus cover, hurricane, or hyper charger.

Taz, were the dyno results with the tornado air kit on or completely off? I may be wrong but I thought the first dyno run was around 122hp? If that is the case and the air kit were completely off the maniac mod apparently decreased the performace a touch? It did open the top end it appears.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
4 Horsepower is not much that can be lost in a ambient weather condition it may have been cooler on the day I was there first.

But I have also punched 4 holes in each baffle of the exaust. Additionaly I had the negative battery terminal removed yesterday so the bike only had 22 miles on the ECM and I had just got off the freeway.

Not sure what the difference was exactly and probably won't until a fuel processor is on the bike with the air kit on it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
L-Train said:
I like the looks of the hurricane over the tornado and I see that we can probably do a hypercharger too.

They day these are up I am ordering mine.
Here is one on my vtx.

or this one

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks great. When that kit comes to market, I'll probably ordering one.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i like the tornado or the hypercharger as well. i didn't think about the rain though...that would definitely put a "damp"er on things :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
The hypercharges sound good as long as they aren't so far out from the bike that they push my knees apart and I get a hernia. :redfaced:

·
Registered
422 Posts
L-Train said:
The hypercharges sound good as long as they aren't so far out from the bike that they push my knees apart and I get a hernia. :redfaced:
Yeah I had to ride side saddle on my Mean Streak because of it.(replaced with BAK)
The 109 aircleaners seem to sit further forward so I'd love to have twin Pro-R Hyperchargers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Aussie109 said:
Yeah I had to ride side saddle on my Mean Streak because of it.(replaced with BAK)
The 109 aircleaners seem to sit further forward so I'd love to have twin Pro-R Hyperchargers
That's what I'm looking for too - I'm guessing we'll need a fuel commander with this tho.

·
Registered
6 Posts
most dealers have the yosh box to set all Suzuki fuel injected bikes. it allows all cylinders to be tuned individually at idle, +/-5% & +/-10% mid and high.  they usually charge 25 to 50 to remap the fuel.
I live in Louisiana in the Baton Rouge area and have one.... message me if you are in the area and want to remap. The plug is at the ecm under the right side cover.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts