M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen these to hold down the rear cowl/passenger seat so an allen wrench is not needed? I've been told they are available. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I believe there is a member that sells something like that. It is kinda like a wing bolt that holds it down.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are great! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
yes we are:joke::joke::joke: Welcome anytime!

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where you live, I can't belive you don't have a hardware store? Most good store's have a metric section. Lowe's has a pretty good section of metric.
Worst case, have someone tig wing's on the bolt's, watch the height. Could work, you won't see it.:pop:
Lots a stores around here. But these are easy, already made, tested and ready to go.:D

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i got these last week :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I went to the Westlake Hardware here in town and grabbed a couple of round plastic knobs that they carry. They are made to snap onto the top of a allen head bolt. They just press in so I can't crank them down real tight but they work pretty good. I don't need any tools to change the seat now and it has never came loose on it's own. They cost me like 80 cents each. Look in the MISC drawers in the nuts and bolts section.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
The ones on ebay are in pairs. I got a pair of them probably 2 years ago and they work pretty good. Still kind of hard to get your fingers on them with the seat on, but the cowl is more open around them and is easier.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just be sure to tighten them pretty good. I got a set, thought they were on good. Checked a few days later and one had vibrated off and the other was just about to fall off.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got back on to tell you the same thing B. Used these things for yrs on socket head cap screws. I still have a few in my tool box. Good save Bones:bigthumbsup:
OK, gonna check out my local hardware store today. Anyone know the thread size and pitch by any chance? Thanks again guys for the help.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I don't want to be the negative guy here but I hate those thumb screws. I bought them thinking they would be super conveniant but really, they were a huge pain in the ass. I have the Suzuki Gel seats and I find that my fingers cannot find the proper way to twist them in, my finger gets stuck or it just doesn't thread right..... It became such a nuisance I just put them away and use the regular screws, so much faster and easier in my opinion... :dontknow:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Eight bucks is not worth my time trying to figure out what fits what. Just easier to order off ebay and then I knew they worked. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts