M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a throttle mate a 2 weeks ago, Bad idea! If it is in a position to be able to use it properly you can feel it dragging on the throttle cable when in the open/off position. If you move it to where it is not dragging you will need your left hand to set it.

Just decided it was a bad purchase and maybe it would come in handy on a really long ride, until today.

I decided to manuever around in my driveway after a ride to back into the garage and heard a scraping noise. Look what this cheap P.O.S has done to my beloved bike!

I am sending them a very nasty e-mail in a few minutes. I cant even ride it until I get that fixed. I am so mad!.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Not saying you're wrong in feeling like you do, but you should have checked the clearance first. Spend the money and buy a Brakeaway. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah my fault for not checking the clearance, still pisses me off though lol. All the time and effort i put into the bike to make sure it looks good then some 13 dollar peice of crap ruins it.

Guess it is settled, wife wanted my X-Mas list so I will throw the breakaway onto the list.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
yeah my fault for not checking the clearance, still pisses me off though lol. All the time and effort i put into the bike to make sure it looks good then some 13 dollar peice of crap ruins it.

Guess it is settled, wife wanted my X-Mas list so I will throw the breakaway onto the list.
That is completely my point. You'll like the Brakeaway. WE have 3 bikes, they all have them. Well worth the money IMO and doesn't require tank touch ups. Good puck w/ yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts